Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

POST your BEST FIND of 2008 here!

1945 Class Ring 10K Gold (see-thru blue backing) found with my Explorer II

[attachment 114239 P1090011.JPG]

[attachment 114240 P1090014.JPG]

[attachment 114241 P1090016.JPG]

Here's mine. A 1908 Barber Quarter found in October at a local,
frequently hunted park about nine inches deep. My first Barber Quarter.

First try with 11" Pro coil on Explorer 11 and found in my backyard. World War 1 service medal issued in 1919 by the State of Delaware. Am researching and attempting to locate family of G.J. Crouch. HH Bill

Found this this summer up in Minnesota. Copper Culture spearpoint.

[attachment 114328 Copper2.jpg]

[attachment 114329 Copper1.jpg]

Chris

Probably this Qtr at a hunted out local park - but my Boston trip was the most fun. .

[attachment 114332 1891Qtr.jpg]

This 1913 Barber half without mink mark is my most valuable coin find thus far. The Union belt plate is not a valuable item but an unusual find up here in NJ so for me it was a super find!

1789 George Washington Inauguration Button. With my E-Trac
A.S. Albert's Book on Historical Buttons, and it has rank or (R-6) rarity. Only 3 to 5 known to esist of this type.

Lot's of great finds being posted. Mine only pale in comparison.

It was my first year of serious detecting and I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of understanding my Explorer. I'm limited on good hunting sites because of my location and time to hunt, but I was pretty happy with my silver totals.

Could I be the only person that has bagged more Barbers than Rosies? :shrug:

My goals for 2009 are:

Walker half
SLQ
Buffalo
War Nickel

Here are my silver coins from 2008.

2008SilverCoins.jpg

My best non coin finds are the sterling silver wings and sterling silver locket.

SilverWings.jpg

SilverLocket1.jpg

SilverLocket2.jpg

What a piece of history that button is. A truly fabulous and rare find. Congratulation and thanks for sharing John.

Crispytoo

My best may have been the 1801 Draped Bust with the error in the fraction:
[attachment 114821 1801O.jpg][attachment 114822 1801R.jpg]

Or it could have been the 1773 KGIII Counterfeit:
[attachment 114823 IMG_1926a.JPG][attachment 114824 IMG_1920a.JPG]

Or the 1875 Semi key date Indian in awesome condition!
[attachment 114825 2008_0724Image0016.JPG][attachment 114826 2008_0724Image0015.JPG]

There were so many more, such as Flying Eagles and a 1699 William III Halfpenny, but I think these are my personal best!

Thanks for looking!

My best find for 2008 was a 1793 Vine and Bars Wreath Cent. I was detecting with a couple of buddies in an area which had produced a lot of colonial artifacts, a few colonial coppers and about 25 Spanish cut coins. This was the first U.S. coin found at this location. I also found a 1863 Civil War trade token from D.E. Stearns at another site. Sorry for the quality of the pics.

I probably would have destroyed it, trying to save it. That is some bravery. Really cool.

I found my first colonial copper with my Explorer II, December 2008. It's a King George III 1782 Irish Half Penny.

Hi all
I found beautiful finds bud this roman Medusa head early first century is one of them
I like this for sure
Thanks
Kind regards
Antonio Netherlands

I guess my best finds were the last hunt of 2008. The ground was nearly impossible to get a shovel in but persistence paid off.
This was an old Fort site that I have taken a few of you to in the past. It's still producing good finds,
[attachment 115078 Last_hunt_08.jpg]
The Bugle mouth piece and buckle were found where a fence was removed that cut through where the Fort sat.
[attachment 115081 DSCF0474.jpg]
These finds were unexpected as this site has been hunted many times over the years.
I will also be doing an exploratory hunt with a group of about 8 detectorists and logging all finds at this site.
The finds and excerpts from each participants notes will be turned over to the Historical Society.