Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Playground hunt...first encounter with an outsider

rmptr, Trust me I just about wrapped my own detector around him, but didn't think he was worth ruining my Tesoro over. Called city manager today about it. He told me that he has had complaints from other park goers and city is considering a ban! Now I have to go to board meeting with pics of a properly dug hole versus his,luckily I am friends with most of city officials and I know at least 2 of them that I have detected with, so should be OK! But don't know how to keep this jerk out of the parks? (other than threatening him with loss of limbs LOL) So will be going to next city council meeting to defend my detecting, then I will go to this guys house and THANK HIM!!!!! :devil:

That's too bad Kurt.

Well, dress nicely, speak softly, but clearly, and be sure to take a clear plastic bag of park trash with you so you can show what a good citizen you are. Explain that your searching is extremely selective, and discriminating. You would never interfere with other users.
Offer an apology for the shabby digger, and explain how you are distressed, and have filled his holes when you discovered them.

I would caution you against a confrontation at his residence... It's different if you catch him in the act, and snap.:veryangry:

Since the city fathers are already involved, now, throw him under the bus!
Offer to sign the complaint against the bad digger for basic vandalism.

I really don't like new laws and ordinances... we got plenty effective old ones, now.
Get him cited for disturbing the peace! Lot of latitude there.

A city court magistrate will slap him on the wrist with a $50 fine + court costs, AND put him on a year's informal probation.
That'll keep a tether on him!
LoL He'd probably get the $ fine part reduced to 20hrs community service... picking up trash in the park!

Good luck!
rmptr

sounds like a "nut cake" celebration!..glad i missed it!

(h.h!)
j.t.