Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PINPOINTING PROBLEM

Live search is not accurate. You'd probably be better off just turning off that feature for now to not be distracted. Is the pinpoint depth accurate, or is it off too? You said that pinpoint would read 4, but how deep was the target?
On my past weekend hunt the depth ,1 1/2 would be 4 , 5 inches still digging after reaching 5 gave up at 10, 0 would sometime be 1 to 3 inches this is with three frequencies and salt compensate

Since you are detecting both wet sand and normal ground, do you see good depth reporting on one, and not the other? Or is it off on both? (Again, pinpoint only). And by how much for each?
Same as above, when I use one frequency it would be alot better with depth Like I said before 3 frequencies confuse the machine ?

thats interesting. One frequency works well while all three skews the reading. Without me reading back through everything, do you have it set to "best data?"

I under stand that vision and spectra is the same detector im going to keep the one you sent if i sell it wont be for a long time any way,I cant complain you even told me you were sending me out a new coil,IM glad you explain the vision and v3 erfurb thing like i said im going to keep it,Please send the coil,I used it Sunday and its not on time but not as bad,Its not a can or pull tab i have been using Whites detector for over 15 years now two of them DFX,Witch the pinpoint is killer.Thanks Carl for the help do you still have my address to send the coil.....and please let me know when your sending it out so i can be on the look out,.....Thanks guys....!!!!!Greg M.

Good to see this thread finally winding down! Solutions were there from early on and glad to see things are working out.

This message is for Carl,Question,,,,If the detector is stable its ok to run TX on?????The depth is very good with this unit,Should i only pump the coil 4 times when ground balance or as much as i want.....Did you get my address.......for the coil?????Thanks :whites:greg

I can help somewhat here Greg. You can run TX Boost as long as it is stable and pumping for the Ground Balance is for as long as needed for a steady threshold, 4 times maybe 10, it is up to you and your ground.

Thanks Larry i was not sure, on the detector it has pump X4 times.I was going un till the detector level out,ITs a little early to tell if the pinpoint is working or not,It seems like its ok,Its a deep digging detector.....Larry can you tell me how to put the VDI% ON?????

I can't right off hand, my detector is in the truck and I don't want to go get it.....Brrrrr, it's cold outside. It is in the factory Hi Pro that I use, either pinpoint or Analyze.........I can't remember. It is the most unreliable tool on the V3 though. If it is not on your program I wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe Rob or someone else can help you with that one.........:shrug:

I think I found what you are looking for on page 44 of the manual. VDI Confidence level %........ON-OFF.

Live Search Screen, Search, Pinpoint, Sizing, Confidence, ON-OFF.

Thanks Larry.I can always count on you...I just could not find it ant where,i was going crazyyyyyyyy.The new detector seems to be working fine,Carl even sent me a new coil.....Whites they really do take care of the people!!!!What kind of depth are you getting Larry...Im using the stock 950 coil and its a deep digging coil not bad for trash to. What do you think about the 6x10......deep?????

I know some are using the 6X10, but I haven't tried one on the V3 yet. I used to hunt all the time with it on the DFX until a 10" DD came on the market. I liked the 10"DD better for depth. As far as depth goes, it will vary with the program and your ground. In using Hi Pro in my ground, I get 7-8 inches. I know the Deep Silver and Mixed Mode will go deeper, but depth is not a major concern of mine.

I used the 6x10 on my MXT. The 9.5 and 10D2 were both deeper. The 6x10 gets depth closer to a 6" rather than a 10" coil. I liked the cpoil, but not if I was looking for depth. It's the only V coil I don't have. Rob

Thanks guys for the info,Here i L.A. the ground mineralisation is not bad at all,I can even run TX boost on and it works,I found a murc dime at about 8" nice find,I have hunting this old school for over 12 years or more now and i know for sure there has to be silver deeper in the ground....I was using the coin and jewelry mode...next time ill use the deep silver mode......redbird did you get my pm on depth reading??????

Hi Carl i didnt get the coin in yet,just wanted to know when you sent it out??? Thanks Greg.....

robertk said:
Remember that the depth is based on the signal returned from a coin-sized target. The situation you described above is almost certainly an aluminum can or something like that buried a foot deep or more -- a bigger target down deep will return a signal similar to a smaller target closer to the top. I've had that happen to me a few times too, but don't consider it a problem.

I have watching this post since what seems like the 1970's! I am surprised that the above response was 7 pages in. I thought it was obvious, but I guess it still needs to be pointed out.

Buck shot, pellets, cuff buttons, and small gold charms will give depth readings much deeper than they actually are. Cans certainly will read much shallower than they are, but so will many large copper coins. Composition and thickness have an affect on VDI, which has affects depth readouts. An example of this could be a counterfeit colonial copper (like the one I found on Sunday ). It has a diameter a bit smaller than a half dollar, but showed a Penny icon and gave a VDI of only 70. Although the V3 displayed 4 3/4 inches, I would estimate the coin to be closer to 6-7 inches. Many of my Large Cents read as quarters with a VDI of 83. Even though the diameter of these coins are not tremendously different than a quarter, because of the thickness they will display their depth measurably shallower than they actually are.

I hope to find this "PINPOINTING PROBLEM" post further down on the page soon. I am getting tired of seeing it on top!!

I agree if there are new questions start a new post. Some of the last posts don't have anything to do with the original post. Rob