Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pin pointer

I personally don't like to use a pinpointer that has adjustments like on sensititivity and so forth, for the simple reason I want to pinpoint not screw around with controls.
I have the uniprobe which I used for about a year, now it is collecting dust because I didn't like the extra weight on my head and it absolutely would raise hell with my Explorer, it is weird, there were times when there wasn't bad interference then times when it was almost unusable.
I also have a Fisher probe, dont like it at all, got a sherlock, it is so-so, its got that sensitivity setting that I would have to screw around with.
I used my Whites 120 for a bunch of years, replacing the switch from time to time, it does a fair job but I got the Garrett propointer at the beginning of this year and really like it.
I don't get the 3 or 4" mentioned by others, about 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 on coin size objects is what I get, must have got a dud :biggrin:.
Remember that even though we can all give you advice on what to get, the final decision will be yours.
I guess I am collecting pinpointers:biggrin:, for some reason I hang onto them while I sell the detectors that I am not using.

If the Garrett Propointer craps out in 2 years and one day. It would have cost you $5.40 per month. But I believe that even after 2 years Garrett would fix it either for free or next to free. I'm going on over 3 months on the original battery. Maybe it's going to last 2 years too! LOL

Thanks for all the posts I bought a tosoro treasure mate

"...I got the Garrett propointer at the beginning of this year and really like it.
I don't get the 3 or 4" mentioned by others, about 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 on coin size objects is what I get..."

My DetectorPro Pistol Probe gets 5" on a US nickle in the air, carefully measured.