Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Phantom Signals

I'm new to the V3 as well but have hit a silver(dime) at 7 inches loud and clear in a near by park. I've hit some wheat's at 7-8. I've hit a old time screw in fuse at about 11 inches. the fuse has an outer covering of copper and was showing as a good dig. When I first started out with the V3 I was having the same problem you were(can't find the target) and got ticked off to the point I just kept digging. To my surprise I ended up with some very deep nails, screws and the fuse. I was relieved, and started to understand how deep the V could see stuff. Detecting a quarter at 4.5 inches max is wacked. I would send it in as well.

I would like to add one other possibility to the list of a empty hole. This is for the benefit of those who are digging a normal hole and keep digging and digging. you may be chasing a target on edge. This happened to me the other day, once it clicked I started searching for a duplicate signature and found it about 4 inches away from my first hole. I dug in the center between the hole and the new duplicate target and found the dime.

There some other possibilites...not likely but possible.....cause they have happened to me.....

1. I dug the target and grass flap popped up a little too fast......then I cant find the signal ???
answer> the smallest piece of earth flipped out of the hole....cant hold anything......wrong! target was in the small piece of earth.

2. I dug the target area....pulled out a nasty weed......cant find the target.....?????
answer> yup it was hiding in the weed!!!!

3. dug target area.....no target....???? searched area throughly.....searched again! absolutely no signal at all!!! youll never believe it!!!!
answer>when I dug the hole.....dime attached to digger because of sticky mud......it happened!

next I will be checking the top of my head for flying coins!