Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Our forum.....

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
I have gotten some private messages lately from some of the members here. They mentioned how they like the new tone of the forum, more positive, more detecting related stuff, prayer requests, and family stuff. (Less negative stuff ) They said it was more like what the forum used to be like. I happily agree! :clapping: Let's keep it going gang!
Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Nicely worded Mike, thank you and I concur completely! :)

the outline you give for our forum in the past is what I look for each day. The negative posts & those that are thrown out for disruption we don't care for. Lets detect & bring up prayers for ourselves & others more. Steve in so la

Amen! I like it with no politics and negativity. I like to read about our families add detecting. I like to hear what is going on in your lives. Well said Mike.

You're all right and your comments are appropriate. In posting my political view and or frustration with our leadership in Washington here, I have unfortunately brought unrest to you all and it won't happen again. If you don't mind, I'd like to continue sharing my faith w/you all.

Actually I look forward to it Martin. I like your daily devotional also.

I like it better too! I am a very political person but I don't "talk" it on here because it stirs up strife and people (including me) get sick of the bickering. I wouldn't want people to be told they couldn't discuss politics here (censored), but it would be nice to see folks take it to PM to hash it out. I do believe we need to stand up for what we believe in and what is right, but for the most part, most of us here feel the same way about what is (and who is) going on in our country. For the few who disagree with those views, we probably aren't going to change their minds with a big brawl, especially when it gets to a point where we look un-Christ like. Personally, I had rather see it taken to PM if it's going to be ugly (and it usually gets ugly). I'm not completely innocent. I lashed out at someone on here (publicly) in a post one time and I regret it. It wasn't over politics, but I shouldn't have let it bother me to the point of saying something I shouldn't have said. That lady is still here and I'm sorry for hurting or offending her.

I'm not physically able to metal detect like I used to so I really don't have much to contribute in that department anymore. I used to post some tales, pictures, discussion questions, etc., but was told (privately) by a couple of people that they didn't want to read that "crap", that they only wanted to see detecting info (I don't think those guys are around here anymore). So, that, combined with a busy schedule caused me to back waaaay off. I don't post like I used to, and I don't come to the forum several times a day like I once did, but it's nice to be here when folks are getting along and posts are pleasant.

Lisa

Still praying concerning my duty as God's servant on what to do as a member of the CMD...I am called to serve Him in one way while others want another way and seem to get offended but Christians should not be offended by the Word of God, as long as it is the truth taught and preached! God is truth and love but also wants to warn us about the world all around us that is sinking deeper into sin of greediness and corruption! I pray He saves those who will be saved and then, Come quickly, Lord Jesus! Amen! :angel: Ma

I wonder how many foreigners (like me) are on this CMD Forum?

Maybe they find the American politics on here rather off-putting, totally irrelevant to them, and go somewhere else.

If they do, it would not be too hard for me to understand why they may leave and/or not contribute.

I'm on other Forums where they would not allow that sort of stuff to appear and, to be honest, they are better Forums because they enforce that policy.

The world is MUCH bigger than the USA and US politics.

To drop that sort of stuff, and all the complaining about Obama etc, would be a breathe of fresh air.

Friends, I'm sorry to be so blunt, but it may be wortth considering.

I am afraid I disagree,we can't all keep going round talking about nice things all the time and ignore things that are threatening our very way of life.Just because we are Christians,it does not mean we should not discuss bad things,discussion often leads to solutions to these problems.
What are we supppsed to do,hide behind our Christianity while things get worse and worse?This is the way of the world at the moment,we are all being brainwashed into taking the attitude of "oh well we can't do anything about it so let's not talk about it".The more people talk about these issues,the more likely it is that people will will start acting on them,and believe me,there are certain issues that need acting on if we are to preserve the freedom that we so highly cherish.
Do not forget,it is not us that will bear the brunt of the problems that are arising today but our children and childrens children,we owe it to them to discuss and hopefully find solutions to the problems we face today.
Do not get complacent and start ignoring the things that are going on in the world, because if we do we are in for an uncertain future.The less we talk about it,the less and less people will realise what is going on and that will inevitably lead us down paths we don't want to be going down.
I'm sorry to disagree with most of what has been said above,but my resolve is strong on these issues and I am not prepared to let being a Christian stand in the way of my thoughts on these problems.Come on guy's,some of the worlds problems are actually threatening our Christian beliefs and values so we need to address them don't we?
The simple solution for those that do not like discussing such things is not to get involved with them in the first place.It is easy to see by the title if a subject is going to be political,so just ignore it if you don't like discussing it.
Please do not become a forum where we just believe that we should say nice things all the time,if we do we will become as guilty as those who are already ignorant to what is going on in the world.What will we say to our children and grandchildren if our way of life has become irreversably threatened,how we will say sorry for our lack of action?
I'm sorry,but if we choose to sit back and be ignorant to what is going on by not discussing it,we not only fail as Christians but also as human beings.

I think most of us agree that our leadership is as bad as it has ever been in this country. That being said when it is posted here it's like preaching to the choir. Most of us here are tired of hearing it over and over. If one went to a church where they always preached politics and negativity there would not be many people there for long. If we all sat around a dinner table and the topic was bad politics how many would stay and enjoy? This forum was designed to talk about detecting, God, and family. I think it would be better if those things were brought to those who don't already believe the way we do. It just causes strife and negativity here on this forum. Findmall has a forum set up for that stuff. Like Lisa said, if guys want to talk politics among each other here do it via PM. Then it is more like two people chatting it up over coffee. There won't be any arguing etc... I agree these things need talked about and dealt with, just not here amongst the choir. If all the street preachers stay in church and preach then no one on the streets will ever hear the Word.

Fortunately Neil, that is exactly why this forum was created for all of us to be; " going round talking about nice things all the time". If we all claim to be Christians out here, than we should be ambassadors of Jesus Christ. In doing so, in essence, we are the "choir" so to speak. Everyone on this forum I am quite positive knows whats going on in the United States and abroad and how bad it is. However, this forum has turned into a political bash-fest that has gotten old. Obama is demonically oppressed along with the unfortunate souls up in DC along with most the global leaders. There, I've said it. "Obama has demons". So, what can "we do"? Pray for them and forgive them. That's what I believe God wants us to do.

Isaiah 49:25: 25 But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.

The battle is not ours, but God's. That is why prayer is such a powerful weapon against the enemy.

Ephesians 6:10-18: 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil

n/t

I agree with you, Neil, and the very thing of Christians not standing up for our faith has brought about what is wrong in our world and why sin is so prevalent! Had we rose up and stood on our faith and not compromised I don't believe abortion would be so common as it is these days! I am called to warn people of what is happening and have since Obama first ran for office! There are those who view our forum besides we Christians and if we don't correct what our enemy says and tries to corrupt our forum with their ungodly thoughts or way of religion, then we are no better than the sinners and have backed down to not cause any trouble of disturbing the peace or offending anyone!

The reason there was so much discussion on this forum concerning politics and religion was because the enemies snuck into our camp and it was up to us to either help change their heart and mind or get them cast out from among us! I have never banned anyone from this forum and don't intend to do so but when the enemy rises up with their evil head and tries to change our ways of believing in the One and Only God, Christ Jesus, then I will put in my two-cents worth, so that whoever lurks will know that I do stand firm on my faith in my Savior and Lord! I liked the way Nyal posted about how we have a Savior and His name is Jesus, far better than I could, for it even helped me because I am so forgetful now and get confused, so I'm not always up to par on getting my real view-points to counteract what some people believe whether saved or unsaved!

Sorry, for all the trouble I have caused or may have, but I will keep preaching the truth of God whether it be about His wonderful, agape love or of His wrath that is to come and is almost here according to the Book of Revelation! I don't want to be left behind nor any others who do not know our Lord and Savior, Jesus, personally, for we need Him within our hearts and souls to love Him, Who loves us more, for He chose to die and take our sins upon Himself and was punished and crucified in our place while we were yet sinners! But when truly saved we are no longer sinners but Children of God and we must stand up for Jesus and fight the good fight of faith! Mike told me a long time to Preach it Sister and I do! I won't yield to anyone but God in Jesus' name! Amen! :angel: Ma

Well Greg I've been on the Forum off and on for long time, and I never knew that all we should post is about good things! I know there are people who lurk on here and when the enemy comes into the camp, I believe that we Christians should be the true soldiers of God and post comments against what they believe or they would lead many astray! God is not all peace and love, for He has warned and is warning with His written prophecies of what is coming and if we back down and not stand against the evil of this world then we aren't very dedicated Christians standing strong in faith for Jesus! If we were the only ones on here to read the posts than I agree that we need to be positive and lift up each other in love and truth by encouraging one another, but we can still do this and, Yet, when there is an enemy in the camp stirring up trouble than we need to face them and do what we can through prayer and the Word of God to get their hearts changed with deaf ears and blinded eyes opened to Who Jesus truly is the One and Only begotten Son of the Living God, Who is with us when we accept Him, believe and if they cannot stand Spiritual heat than they will leave! God loves all His creations but not everyone is saved to have eternal life and will not be, for there are those who satan blinds and deafens to the ways of a very loving God, Who forgives us our repented sins in Jesus' name! Amen! :angel: Ma