Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinions sought on right tool for the job.

What experiences have you had with used quality machines? I'm interested in the details since I do buy used machines and if there is something specific I should be looking out for I'd like to know!

I have had great experiences with used machines, I think I have owned at least seven used machines at one time or another. The only one that was a dud was an XLT with a bad coil. The machine worked, just was not working as well or as deep as I thought it should. Sent it to White's, got a new coil for $120 and it was fine. Even with that repair, it was still hundreds less than buying a new XLT.

I think overall most people take good care of their equipment. The machines I have purchased used from dealers and individuals have all been in quite good condition, many like new. Sometimes a machine is just not right for someone, or they are used to their old machine - so they sell a like new machine for much less than retail.

I agree Nick.........I bought a used Ex. XS 6 years ago and is and has been great still......$400 less than what I should have paid for it.

The F75 is a more fun detector... all the time. As I said, I have both and will keep both, but if I had to choose only one... I would keep the F75.

I can swing it all day long with no trouble, not so with the SE. While it is not a boat anchor, it is still less ergonomic than the F75.
The F75 is just plain fun but both are excellent machines.

There is nothing wrong with the Tesoro either. I also have a Tejon and would never part with it either. Just get one or the other and commit to it.

You will be able to use the Tesoro to help you learn whatever new machine you get by finding good targets with the Tesoro, marking them, then seeing what the new machine tell's you.

J

The Shadow X5 is my main machine. When I say that, I mean I'd never sell it. It is a great machine to run.
But, I remain Explorer committed.

I hate to say it but ya.......I would love to move a little quicker than I can with the Explorer....I am seriously thinking of buying another machine just so I can do some cruising.....it would be good to use when at a new site just to scan quickly and if finding old stuff go back over the grounds slower with the Explorer......thanks Bob

Mike makes some good points. Either machine will do the job depending on the operator's experience with it. Right now the Explorer is more adaptable due to all the accessories that are available. Whichever machine you choose, stick with it and spend the time needed to really learn what it is telling you.