Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oooh!!!! I'm so mad, what was this %#@&* guy thinking...:ranting:

Paul (AR)

Yesterday afternoon I was driving the school bus and I just dropped off my last student and was on my way home. I was going down this 2 lane country road with no one around, minding my own business, when I noticed a vehicle approaching me at a high rate of speed. Now this part of the Ozarks in Arkansas there is a lot of hillbillies and rednecks. Anyway, as this vehicle gets closer, I see that it is a Jeep of some kind and the passenger is a young man with his arm out the window, I'm thinking he's getting ready to wave hi as we pass. Wrong!!!! Just as we pass, I see his arm move real fast toward the bus and all of a sudden there is a loud noise and the wind shield right in front of me explodes into a thousand pieces, or so I thought, as it turns out, he threw an apple at me and when it hit the wind shield the apple exploded and the wind shield held firm. I looked into the rear view mirror and this jeep stepped on the gas and was flying down the road, I couldn't get a license plate number before it was out of sight. I was thinking if this bus had a load of kids and there was an inexperienced driver, this could have turned out real bad. I got the bus home and washed the pieces of apple and dried juice off the wind shield. I thanked the good Lord for getting me home safe and thank you for high temper wind shields.

you could not catch him and remove him from the gene pool! Could have been a tragedy for sure!

Hi All,

Paul's post brought back to memory an incident involving a school bus that happened to ME that I will never forget!

One afternoon in August a few years back I was trailering my boat to Grand Traverse Bay on Lake Michigan to go Salmon fishing. While cruising down the road I heard a loud noise just behind the truck, I happened to glance in the rearview mirror just in time to see the left side trailer fender go flying through the air across to the oncoming lane! To my horror there was a school bus approaching from the other direction and sure enough, the dang fender hit smack dab in the middle of the passenger side windshield! I don't know exactly what all thoughts raced through my head but I know I was scared to death that there were would be serious injuries to the occupants of the bus. When traffic cleared I did an U-turn and parked immediately behind the bus which had come to a stop on the shoulder of the road. As I approached the bus the driver opened the door. and asked for help to check out the kids who all happened to be special needs kids.

Now I don't normally believe in intervention from above but, for some reason all of the kids had seated in the back half of the bus and the small glass fragments (the windshield held!!!) that shattered and broke loose did not reach them.

As the Paramedics and ambulance(s) arrived all the kids were checked out thoroughly to make sure they did not have any glass in their eyes ect. and pronounced fine. At that point no one was paying any attention to me so I approached a State trooper and asked him what was next while expecting the worst. Well, he politely said that I should get that trailer fixed up so it wouldn't happen again and to go ahead and get some fishing in. Seems that it was considered simply as a "road hazard" and no charges and not even a good chewing out was in order!

Boy did those kids surprise me with their calm handling of the incident. Sure they were a little excited but none were crying or carrying on. Ya gotta hand it to them considering the circumstances!

Tom

You also were very fortunate that day. Did you go fishing?:biggrin:
Thanks for the story! I would put the stories up as "sticky" but my mod functions are acting squirrely right now and all i can do is delete and nobody has pizzed me off so..............;)

I have called the number I have and left several messages but never heard a thing

emailed his son in law an hour ago. Joe, is trying to sell his house in Beverly Ma., And has moved closer to Dave. Hope the email address is still valid. Will update if i hear anything. Dave is a great guy!

I think I would tell the cops to be on the lookout for the clowns and give them as good a discription as you can of the Jeep. I also would pass the word to all the other drivers in the area to watch out for him and be ready to get his tag.

Gotta get the clown and he will do it again

where do you live? Northern Michigan? I live in Roscommon

We are practically neighbors. I live in Central Lake and if you haven't heard of it its south of Charlevoix about 20 miles. I hunt all the lakes around here but, it's been my worst year since I started gold wise.

Tom

and you just might be able to catch them. Always seems to be one village idiot on the loose.

Glad everyone is ok. George-CT

Wayne

Yes I was very fortunate. I did go fishing but did not have a good time playing that awful scene over in my mind.

I don't remember if I caught any fish or not! :lol:

Tom

I have found coins on that beach dating back to the 1850s but they are in rough shape. I made some hauls on the beach at Waloon Lake. Still stuff there I imagine.

I hunt with scuba so would not hurt your hunting:thumbup:

n/t

n/t