Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ok which one?

It is on the fisher website, and it is called the point. What do you mean by the battery won't stay on?

I got an F-pointer when I bought an F75. I didn't like either one and sold them together.

The F-pointer had a range of about 1 inch, so if you were not within one inch, you had to do more digging.
Also, the 9V battery went in the end with a snap in end. If you stuck it in a pocket and then pulled it out, it usually pulled the cap off and let the battery fall out and dangle by the wires. Then you would have to fish the cap out of your pocket and put it all together again -- very irritating.

To me, if a pinpointer doesn't have a range of 2" minimum, it isn't worth having.

its called the f point, i have the technetics version. the battery door wont stay on. it doesnt latch very well.

I got an f-point when i got my F-75. I guess it was included, I didn't ask for it. I haven't tried it yet since I have 5 other pinpointers.
Mostly use the Pocket Uni-Probe, Treasure Mate and VibraProbe 560, my main three units when using a machine without Sunray Probe. I still carry one of the pinpointers when I am using a machine with Sunray Probe. Never know.
[attachment 78668 Pinpointers.JPG]

Have any of you had a chance to use a sun ray on your f-75?
And why hasint sun ray made one for the t2. just wondering.

Hi Digadime69:)

Some of us don't got no F-75s.:shrug:

This is the Tesoro forum.:tesoro:

Sunray probe!!!!!!!:O

We don got no sunray probe!:shrug:

We don need no stinken sunary probe!!!@!!!@:veryangry:

stinken.jpg

HH,

Depending on your settings you can get 4-5" on a quarter. Plus you have the screen ID so if you have a nail in the hole with a good target you can tell by watching the screen ID. I will be using one as soon as the ground thaws up here.

i thought just like the bullseye you only get 1- 2 " on them. isn't that all you would need. i mean think about it the whole idea is to narrow down inside a hole where the coin is. if you have one that sets off at 4-5" inches your still saying it could be anywhere in this hole, and still finding yourself scanning the entire whole anyway. does anyone else see it this way or am i looking at this wrong?

[quote findit]i thought just like the bullseye you only get 1- 2 " on them. isn't that all you would need. i mean think about it the whole idea is to narrow down inside a hole where the coin is. if you have one that sets off at 4-5" inches your still saying it could be anywhere in this hole, and still finding yourself scanning the entire whole anyway. does anyone else see it this way or am i looking at this wrong?[/quote]

thats the way i look at it to, i like a probe that will detect no more than 1.5 inches max. thats a 3 inch dia. no matter how you look at it you will have to dig away, and the probe needs to help you narrow it down not tell you its in the hole. the detector has already told us that. my 2 cents. the depth on that probe is about an inch to 1.5 inches depends how far you can turn the sensitvity up.

I use the wizard Vib Probe II. The one that looks like a toy pistol. It is available from Mytoolstore.com for $37.95. It works really well, especially if you modify it to detect when the trigger is pulled.

i'm glad someone sees it the same way i do, like you said the coil will tell you it is around the hole. but a 5" range equaling 10" radius on a pinpointer will still have you guessing just my 2cents as well. by the way the f point is only $65.00 can't go wrong there, even if you have to put a piece of tape over the battery cover as some say you might have to. i can buy alot of rolls of tape with the extra $70 - $150 dollars i would be saving.

its not a bad pin pointer, just like you said take tape and wrap the seam a couple times. right now i just bought the tiny tec it was 39.95 plus shipping which brought it to 44.95. the range it has is the same as the f point. been trying it out in the house and i think i will like it also.

Hay KDC.

Will it detect a small piece of aluminum foil?

For instance. My Bounty Hunter will detect a single later piece of aluminum foil that is 3/8' wide. But will not detect a 1/4" wide piece.

Will the Tiny Tec detect a 3/8" piece of foil?

HH,

[quote tabdog]Hay KDC.

Will it detect a small piece of aluminum foil?

For instance. My Bounty Hunter will detect a single later piece of aluminum foil that is 3/8' wide. But will not detect a 1/4" wide piece.

Will the Tiny Tec detect a 3/8" piece of foil?

HH,[/quote]

ok you caused me to have to due a air test a piece of foil about an 1/4 inch folded to about 1/8 of an inch square. i got my tinytec about a week ago if i would have known this i would have order two.
tinytec 1/4 of an inch
vibra probe would not even detect it just bought it, the 570
teknetics will detect it if it touches the tip

in defense of the teknetics it is about 2 years old now and the other pin pointers are brand new.

That's just a test.

It let's you know if you are going to find something small.

I got a Tiny Tec ordered.

Funny thiing happened. All this talk about pin pointers, I got my Bounter Hunter out and for some reason it started working.:unsure:

Now I'm going to have two PP that work:huh:

Thanks for the air test. Very informative.

HH,

Been trying to think of a way to carry my Tiny Tec so I don't have to put it in my back pocket. I'm afraid I'll sit on it.:blink:

I finally decided to modify a carpenter's pouch that I don't use. I have another pouch I like more for putting my finds in and carrying tools.

So I just cut the pouch to fit Tiny and used these little rivets you can get at any hardware store to put Tiny's pouch back together. I just crimped the rivets with a pair of pliers.

Here's what I came up with. I'm going to find some stiff wire to make a belt hanger. That way I won't have to undo my belt to put it on.
hols1.jpg

hols2.jpg

hols3.jpg

I like it.:)

HH,