Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ok which one?

findit

Which inexpensive pinpointer works well? Someone said the bullseye isn't that great anyone have opinions?

I think it's the whites bullseye that has the poor quality switch.

I've had good luck with a Merlin I bought used on Ebay. Also have a Treasuremate which I like a lot, but definitely spendy. I've heard good things about the vibra probe, but they are a bit pricey, as well.
HH
Bill

Thanks for the info Bill.

I just ordered a Merlin after reading your post and looking around. It's $75 and free shipping to my location. PM me if anybody wants info.

I've been thinking about pin pointers. Hope this one works OK.

Not looking for miracles, just something to help chase down those pesky no-see-ums.:ranting:

HH,

Pinpointers are nice. When I bought my M6,Whites gave a bullseye with the machine. Told Brian I wouldnt need it and would he swap for something. He told me to use it a couple times first and see what I thought. He was right. It makes locating those hard to see targets a snap.
BTW,on the newer Whites bullseye,Whites changed the switch, I have no,zero,nilch problems with mine.
HH,
John

Thanks for the clarification on the switch, Bowie.

Looking forward to the Tabdog review of the Merlin.

I have the Vibraprobe 570 and I really like it. It's much better than the Whites Pinpinter II that I had. It gives one pulse of vibration when you get about an inch from the target. Then more pulses as you get closer and finally continuous pulses when you're right on the target.

Whites Bullseye works good for me - used one for 3 years straight w/o problems. I hear the Treasuremate is awesome but it's expensive.

ian

I've got the older style Whites Bullseye and it has been thoroughly used (caked on dirt on pointer) and it has never missed a beat. I leave my headphones on while digging and I can feel the vibration and hear the beep with no problem. Can't vouch for the new series of Bullseye... HH Tony

I watched a guy named Tom using a MXT and a Bullseye.

I could tell when the thing went off just standing there and watching.

I think something is wrong with my Boounty Hunter Pin probe. If I squeez the handle just right sometimes I can hear it inside. But I've never heard or felt it in the field. Have no way of knowing if it is responding or not. I quit using it.

Got a pin pointer but don't know what to use it for. It holds down papers:(

HH,

$39 plus $5.45 shipping and they are supposed to send me five new uncirculated one dollar golden colored US mint coins.

Now that's cheaper than the Bounty Hunter, plus coins.

If that doesn't work I'll use it to beat flies to death with.:wacko:

HH,

The thing worked fine except when it was cold. Still have it and it still works even though I've dropped it into a puddle and filled it up with sand once.

HH

Mike

It is amazing that sun ray can make a fx-1 probe for the fisher f75. BUT cant or wont make one for the t2. I would buy one. HH don

its the bounty hunter one, or technetics pin pointer, what ever you prefer. they work pretty good. they have a small probe which allows you to push it into the dirt a little easier. the only complaint is the battery wont stay on.