Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok guys and gals here we go some testing.

do some more jewlrey and some more trash targets and maybe some with iron mixed. Just was testing today to se what it was capable of in clean ground or air as it may be.

Jason

Items, are assigned random ID numbers, depth numbers, Dis. numbers and sizing. I think I read that somewhere. Something to think about. What do you think???? We are all taught to think of the conductivity of a target. Is that in fact a truth. Or is everything just set up on a random pick of numbers. Instead of a quarter reading 83 why not 27 and a nickle that reads 19 why not 81. I just thought I would throw that in. What is the truth. Only the engineers know for sure. I sure don't. Only what I have been taught or read somewhere. BTW I read that theory some where. It makes you think don't it???? How is that for a curve ball. :rofl: I don't care about the theory anyway but you do have to have some to try and understand how to set a machine up right and in accordance to your area. I am really interested in what I got to do to Make this puppy hunt and make it hunt the very best it will and get the max performance out of it I can get. :D: :D: HH All Jerry aka tinfoil

It is way different in the ground then in the air in time you will see that the air is fine for testing but throw in the ground and it changes and your tests change.

Take it out in the real world and then do a test....

I want to see how stable these graph readings are on actual field targets..My Etrac was stable as hell when air testing but in the field ferrous and conduct numbers were jumping all over the place (wanted to wrap it around a tree)

Hey Bugalooob i tried that tree thing with a golf club once Did not turn out well
Would not recommend it with a detector:lmfao:

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
It is way different in the ground then in the air in time you will see that the air is fine for testing but throw in the ground and it changes and your tests change.

Low-Boy
I do understand that things will change with the minerals and trash but this was just to show what the Vision can do. I explained that on the first post in these test. You have nothing good to say about the Vision so what is your story.

Jason

HI Jason,

Pay no attention to those who bring nothing to the table...your running a great thread and lots of people are very interested...Keep it up.

utahshovelhead

Hi jason,

I'm with utahshovelhead. What you have done is a lot of work and quite informative. Thank you for sharing your time and effort with us.

Steve Herschbach

We appreciate the hard work, Jason. Thank you.

Thanks guys may do a few more of this type test later for some other type targets. I like every one else I still have alot to learn. I will put alot of time in on this detector
this summer and plan to help as much as possible. I am at work right now.

Thanks
again Jason

I was a whites dealer for Jimmy in Marin...he would say the DFX was the best thing out there....I was given a DFX to use and when I got my CZ3 I never used the DFX again. Jimmy said the fisher was not even close to being the same machine and I did agree..you have so many ways to program the DFX but in the real world of dirt the X brand could not catch up to the Fisher...My friend had a DFX for about two years and I would out hunt him get more depth a lot more depth...he knew his machine...So I think the new White's is a machine that no one can match it is really advanced. But we were hunting in the Gold Country Of California where I live and I have had the F75 for almost three years and I was using mono tone and a disc of 6 and a sens of about 70-80 and when it would hit and gave you a good mono tone I would dig and we were finding stuff that was sure to be masked with other untis. We would get a good tone and look at the VDI and dig and did we find some history. So the new whites has so much info that I would spend more time looking at all of the info then having time to dig.

I am a different kind of hunter bare bones so I guess I have a hard time seeing all of the air tests but no one is really in tough ground at maybe a hunted out CW battle ground with a friend that uses a relic machine. That is what I want to see for my eyes.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
I was a whites dealer for Jimmy in Marin...he would say the DFX was the best thing out there....I was given a DFX to use and when I got my CZ3 I never used the DFX again. Jimmy said the fisher was not even close to being the same machine and I did agree..you have so many ways to program the DFX but in the real world of dirt the X brand could not catch up to the Fisher...My friend had a DFX for about two years and I would out hunt him get more depth a lot more depth...he knew his machine...So I think the new White's is a machine that no one can match it is really advanced. But we were hunting in the Gold Country Of California where I live and I have had the F75 for almost three years and I was using mono tone and a disc of 6 and a sens of about 70-80 and when it would hit and gave you a good mono tone I would dig and we were finding stuff that was sure to be masked with other untis. We would get a good tone and look at the VDI and dig and did we find some history. So the new whites has so much info that I would spend more time looking at all of the info then having time to dig.

I am a different kind of hunter bare bones so I guess I have a hard time seeing all of the air tests but no one is really in tough ground at maybe a hunted out CW battle ground with a friend that uses a relic machine. That is what I want to see for my eyes.

Thanks for the info helps me under stand your post. I too have had the F75 and you are right that it is a good detector for heavy iron trash. Found that the Tejon worked just as good also. I sold my F75 for two reasons. One being that it was terrible in some places i hunt with the interferance. Second and most important I got one of the first ones and fisher wanted me to send it in and charge me to fix a problem with the design in the detector that was there doing. If changes are made on the Vision and it needs a update and White's wants to charge me i will feel the same way. But with I do not see White's doing that.

I just have to wait and see what the whites can do in iron in hard ground where there are three ringer bullets hiding under iron. Where you are in a place with a lot of masking from iron. I want to see that and I am sure we will read some good info in time. In England it took the F75 a bit of time to make its claim to fame. So we will see if the vision can become the new whites flagship and become a great relic machine..I am sure it will be a great coin machine.

With all of the changes that can be made I sure it can be made to work in the Iron. I have a spot like that that i want to play with it at but will have to wait untill the grass
is cut and it is plowed for corn planting. Do not know if it will be he best detector for this type hunting but if you can make the right adjustments it may be close. I do feel
that with every thing that can be done it will be the most versitile detector avalible. As you said time will tell.

Jason