Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok guys and gals here we go some testing.

machine hit on 7.5 khz freq.... seems with Au the 22.5 would have peaked...?? Why did the low freq. not peak on the silver 3 cent piece ?? Jason, try it again and see if you get same results on these 2 coins... Thanks Richard

1854 to 1873 Phil and New Orlens mints. 1854 to 1873 weight .75gram, .900 silver,.100 copper, dia 14mm. Phil. mint. Look at the size and the smooth target signal wave form that gives a idea it is a good target. :D: :D HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Jackpine Savage said:
unless its a fault of the picture taken. What would be nice is if the target icon in the regualr screen would light up the same color as the peak freq of the analyze screen. That would be one more way of getting info without having to toggle. I never did like confidence numbers and graphs, to hokey for me but something like I'm saying would fly with most people once they got used to it. Maybe even have the icon blink when its the wrong color then you could toggle forward to the analyze screen for more info if you want.

Tom

Tom
Bud cap was every where on readings with each sweep what you are seeing is the icon for copper penny on the bud cap analyze screen. Zinc icon on the zinc penny screen. You will notice on the search screen the cap reads different. If I am thinking right the peak freq is the last bar to fade on the search screen.

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors said:
machine hit on 7.5 khz freq.... seems with Au the 22.5 would have peaked...?? Why did the low freq. not peak on the silver 3 cent piece ?? Jason, try it again and see if you get same results on these 2 coins... Thanks Richard

Hey Richard
Checked them again same results. Heavier gold will hit on the 7.5 harder than the 22.5. Small gold now it will hit on the 22.5.
10$ gold pice is a nice size chunk of metal.

3 cent is small but hey it is silver little small for the 2.5 to hit hard but enough silver that the 7.5 seems to like it.

This is a fun detector to play with.

Most people when they are hunting ain't gonna take the time to switch to the analyze screen on every dang high conductive target they come across. So it would be nice when the detector is "pretty sure" that a conductive icon ain't quite right due to the freq response that it would let you know in some way. The smear helps some too for sure. Like I said I just don't have any faith in confidence readings and with this new machine there could have been better ways IMO.

Tom

Heck I haven't even read a manual! ;) it's just that well.. we aren't all highly trained military pilots that can handle the information overload of modern avionics. Heck they are even studying how to simply the info for those guys.

A nice clean screen with minimal info would satisfy me but, use this new technology to alert me when something aint' right. In the mean time just leave me alone so I can hunt! :lol:

Heck they could have an graph icon flash to alert you to go to the analyze screen directly or some other icon would flash and pushing the toggle would take you to the relevent screen for that info. Maybe a second push of the togle would then take you to the analyze screen too when in alert mode.

That's the way I would have done it to meet the KISS principle.

Tom

Even though the large gold didn't respond to the high freq. and the small silver didn't respond to the low freq., the Vision still gave the correct visual and numerical ID and those targets would have been dug.
IMHO, there are a couple of things to consider on the frequencies: Size of target does make a difference, i.e., response between a rusted nail and a cannon ball produce different results evidently because of the mass affecting the actual eddy current of the object, thereby "deceiving" the "interpretation" circuitry.
in a "generic" coin program, all parameters cannot be possibly entered into the equation... With that in mind, manufacturers use the average coin in circulation, as a standard. That puts some large gold or small silver outside of the "generic" parameters, thus lacking in 100% conclusive display of that information. That is, why there are specific programs that include those possibilities (prospecting , deep silver , meteorite mode, etc), because one grouping of components cannot do everything...
Best to all, Richard

You really have to do this outside in the dirt.

Jackpine Savage said:
Heck I haven't even read a manual! ;) it's just that well.. we aren't all highly trained military pilots that can handle the information overload of modern avionics. Heck they are even studying how to simply the info for those guys.

A nice clean screen with minimal info would satisfy me but, use this new technology to alert me when something aint' right. In the mean time just leave me alone so I can hunt! :lol:

Heck they could have an graph icon flash to alert you to go to the analyze screen directly or some other icon would flash and pushing the toggle would take you to the relevent screen for that info. Maybe a second push of the togle would then take you to the analyze screen too when in alert mode.

That's the way I would have done it to meet the KISS principle.

Tom

The adjustments are very simple to get to and use. the search screen is even more simple the info is just there when you need it.

Jewelery and pull tabs are posted just did one ring today but will do some more a little later but you will have to hope for rain. If not i will be working or detecting. Looks some what dry and cool here tomorrow.

Jason