Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok guys and gals here we go some testing.

Thanks, Jason.

It seems to me that there is a direct correlation to the VDI of a target and its corresponding frequency wave height while in Analyze mode.

It seems that VDI's of targets from mid 40's to as high as 70 will show the 7.5 Khz frequency as the tallest wave. And for VDI's higher than 70 or so, the 2.5 Khz frequency wave will be the tallest. And for VDI's below mid 40's, the 22.5 Khz frequency will be the tallest wave.

The width of the frequency waves seems completely based on object size, but the height of the tallest wave seems to be based on the target's conductivity value (VDI).

This shows that there is no detector on the market today that can tell you conclusively what type of metal (gold, silver, copper, aluminum, etc.) is in the ground. The best detectors, even the Vision, can only give you a measure of the target's conductivity(VDI) and size.

Do you agree with these observations?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

I do to some point agree. the vision is not going to tell you 100% if it is gold or silver in the ground. When that detector comes out it will be $10,000 dollars and people would buy them.
I do think the vision gives us more info and a better look at the target than any detector out to this point.

If you look only at what freq hits the best it seem to follow the ID nr as you say.

I wonder if you look at the whole picture it may be different, especially with closer numbers.

Like the difference between a 19 hitting pulltab and a 19 hitting gold ring...

There will be no need to use the feature to see the difference between foil and a morgan dollar...

Did the VDI also flash a higher number during the test??

same color as the best freq on the analyze screen, that way you would have a quick and easy clue on some of those foolers. ie: the freq color did not match the known conductivity of a target.

Will help any where I can. I am not here to persuade any one to buy one detector or another. I own several brands. The Vision looks to be fun and I will set my E-Trac down for a few to try to learn this new toy.

This was in the house with a large TV playing. Sensitivity was reduced to about 50 all targets were tested 4in or less from coil.

Long time since I ran those machines. A lot of detectors will double tone audio on a on edge target then turn 90* and you will get a single tone. That is just another way to tell if it is on edge. Just some info. for some of the guys. Thanks :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

unless its a fault of the picture taken. What would be nice is if the target icon in the regualr screen would light up the same color as the peak freq of the analyze screen. That would be one more way of getting info without having to toggle. I never did like confidence numbers and graphs, to hokey for me but something like I'm saying would fly with most people once they got used to it. Maybe even have the icon blink when its the wrong color then you could toggle forward to the analyze screen for more info if you want.

Tom