Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oh What A Day - Finale :rant:

to show my bothers how it was done...........still didn't count,as we were crappie fishing this day, and it was another bass. It could have still eaten all the fish they caught for an appetizer!!! :rofl: :rofl: Hand in there brothers! You'll get the hang of it someday!!! Practice makes perfect you knuckleheads!! :biggrin:

[attachment 58444 Oh-what-a-day-15.jpg]

outlaw.

Methinks ma reputation is now sufferin' a bit heer amongst our friends. :lol:

Good stuff. Make us appreciate the good days, huh?

Johnboy

I went out this morning to go to the spillway. I left at 8:15 and I was home at 9:00.. Got myself 3 [ count 'em... three] very nice rainbows. They all were in the 2-3 pound range and Alice can hardly wait for dinner tonight! :) Alice wondered why I was back after only 45 minutes. :)

good story Sunny. Sorry that you had to put up with the 'long [chubby] arm of the law'

Calm seas, fair winds

Mikie

100 % complete and utter azzholes those wardens were and are. Man o' man..........I don't know what to say here......just seeing RED ! I likely would've thrown them their "wet" lifejacket. And not wet from the water. People like that disturb me greatly. Things could be worse though......we could've been born one of them. No reputations tarnished here guys and gals. You handled it far better than I think I could have.:thumbup:

I asked Linda to fill the pockets of the vest with our dead and dying No. 5 crappie minnows. But she thought I was crass.

aj

I can understand your wrath at"officers" like this , they do not give thought to a common mistake , but if they are out after the real law breakers 9 times out of 10 they could not catch them in the act if their job depended on it , ....then they wonder why they do not get the support from as many people that they think they should have ....Some understand the idea of intent others have to learn it the hard way but they some times will come around to it still others never get it and they are the ones that have a hard road to ride ...

Well any learning has a price none is ever free better a couple of tickets than something worst some one hurt or the lost of life ...
Bill G.

Still a bad day fishing is still a lot better than a good day at work ...

bad the water cops :rolleyes: couldn't have just given a warning because thats all that was needed, they didn't have to write the ticket but that is a sign of the times that we live in, it's all about the dollar in the end.

In the old days you would have gotten a warning but today it's all about getting the ticket book filled and bring in the cash flo.

But all in all you guys had a great time and your pictures showed it, thanks for the great post Sunny and oh yea, I like the way you said good bye to the water cops :lol: :lol:

General Ray

Dumb azzes ruin the experience for everyone. Your tax dollars at work. Bureaucracy is everywhere and growing fast but you can't expect commonsense from a civil servant peon who hates his job but needs the paycheck. Glad you had the spirit to overcome the trials and tribulations of fishing on Nimrod Lake.
Next time you could do a lot better if you used the proper bait. Try a stick of dynamite and a dip net, you'll be surprised at the results. (Important hint - Throw the dynamite well a way from the boat after you light it):biggrin:

Cheers,

Eric:cool:

were mad they had to work to begin with. I am a bit embarrassed about posting my goodbye! It's how I felt at the time though! I am not usually that abrupt tho! :blink:

could have peed on the life vest! Great thinking Rob, but just a bit too late. I will have to keep that trick in mind if anything like this happens again! :rofl:

as the fish cops go, ........ I sometimes one's gotta do what one's gotta do. I could never do something like that to someone who had made an honest mistake, though! :sad:

I find it disturbing that these two water cops acted the way that they did...it bordered on legal abuse in my opinion. True that you were in violation by not having the three required life vest, but they should have used a little common sense and issued a warning. It reflected badly on the folks entrusted to patrol that lake...was a disaster in regards to public relations and will eventually foster disrespect towards them. No one likes or respects a law enforcement bully!

I wonder where all the fish were located in that lake?

Again, I am glad that the three of you had a great time and hope that you have many more...but without the tickets. :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Just gotta obey the laws, no matter how stupid they are.

We were going out on a night dive once, on a pontoon boat. We were all wearing wet suits with BC. The Fish Cops sited us for hot haveing life vests. It is just stupid. Without our weights on we would have to have been carrying the dang anchor to sink.

The law is the law though and a blind fool can not see the difference.

Now just why are you giving the Preacher Man the finger. He catch more than you???

You all will look back on this and have a good laugh. It has been my experience that MOST people who are in law enforcement are friendly professional polite folks with common sense. But as you found out there are a few who are total jerks.They probably had their mind made up that they were going to ticket you for something before they even stopped you-and would have searched until they found something.I am sorry they put a damper on what was a great day for you all.

A few years ago when we first bought this property there was another old house on it that was falling in.One winter day when there was snow on the ground....I decided to burn it down.I called the sherrifs dept. and fire department and gave them my address and told them what I planned to do and when I planned to do it.They thanked me for letting them know to save them a trip if someone called it in.

On the day I planned it I poured about 10 gallon of deisel fuel on it-struck a match and stepped back out of the way.The old house went up like a tinder box and I soon had a HUGE fire going with flames shooting 30 feet or more into the air.It was isolated away from any other structures and in no danger of spreading anywhere.In a few minutes a young deputy began driving back and forth in front of my driveway waiting for me to make eye contact with him.I completely ignored him.

After a few minutes of this he pulled up in my drive and parked.I continued to ignore him.Finally he stepped out of his car and began striding toward me with a semi hostile look on his face.I continued to ignore him.On about his third stride he hit a slick spot and both feet FLEW out from under him and he landed flat on his back in the melting snow.I began laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants and this really pi$$ed him off.He asked me what in the $&&$ I thought I was doing....

I CALMLY told him I didn't think I was doing anything....what I WAS doing was burning down a house that belonged to me.He didn't like it a bit and REALLY wanted to give me a ticket for something...but I was breaking no law.Finally he stomped back to his car and drove away.I waved at him as he went past