Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now I know why so many rare coins on Ebay...

while the U.S.A has a weaker and weaker economy...what a shame, and WE are the ones buying the stuff!

to a serious collector, they are notably inferior and easy to spot. I'm sure there are some very good copies though. One of the easiest mistakes to notice is the 180 degree die rotation of the obverse and reverse. On U.S. coins you flip coins top to bottom to keep the design upright. All of the Chinese coins I have inspected, you flip them sideways to keep the design upright. You would think they would catch something that simple, but, Nooooooooooooooooooo. Other tips to watch for are the wrong size, composition, weight, weak strikes and the ribbing on the sides are not symmetrical.

All in all, they are not a serious threat to collectors and fall into the category of Genuine 1mm Solid Gold Plated Kennedy half dollars for only $19.95 as seen in the Sunday paper ads.

but as you know they are being sold on Ebay a lot,I only buy certain coins not really a concearn.Willy once had a friend find a stash of coins,they were all counterfeits.I have a scale if I purchase any expensive items.

They copy all our music, software, and tons of other stuff. Now old coins. They all seem hell bent on making anything in America worthless. I'm still looking for something to spend my money on made in the USA. Beer and hookers are all that come to mind so far.
Just kidding....

Geo