Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now I Know What The Fuss Is About Now!!!

RR, I have it bad! :detecting:

I was out in the rain today with a gortex hood taped down over my console and a hand warmer on top of my batteries.

I did real good in the rain I found 3 quarters, 1 nickel, a old belt buckle down between 12-14 inches, some aluminum slugs, found my rock again and by the weight and size I think a silver or manganese slug almost as long as my index finger!

I took pictures and will be uploading them tonight. Might take a while on dial up 28.8kps.

khouse, Don't worry I'll try to save a few for you!:biggrin: Wouldn't want to be in that cave now anyway. The Methane is building up around here from all the wet weather. Bad time for the coal miners and underground MD's.

The yard is getting worst and I forgot about a bulldozer sitting outside that would make a really nice digger!:blink:

Uncle Willy,

I just figured that nice trick out today pinpoint move at 90 degrees and pinpoint again.

And learned that a coin has a certain signal in pinpoint. It is really sharp and a small target unless if the coin is on it's edge it will be around three times longer one way and short the other way.

Have you heard of a rock with a very strong pinpoint? A magnet will not stick to it and I ran into two more today that threw me a curve ball. I dug up a brass nut for a one inch pipe that stayed on a dollar, and when I pinpoint the nut it had the same signal as the rock.

Thanks for the welcome here. :biggrin:

Back from Photobucket and here are some pictures:

JohnsPics015.jpg

JohnsPics012.jpg

JohnsPics005.jpg

khouse, The last one is somewhat near that cave. About 3 more miles up stream! :blink:

The button is the one I found yesterday. I cleaned it up with vinegar and a plastic AP brush.

The other is some of the stuff I found today in the rain. The rock at 3 o'clock and that slug that seems to be silver at 9 o"clock.