Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta Triple Score and Minelab Elite tested on the Beach in salt water.

The 800 seems to do fine but the ergonomics suck. I have a 15 once brass counter weight milled to fit in the back end of shaft. It still sux. Light as a feather but it hurts my hand right above the second knuckle to your palm. Any suggestions. Are these machines better for longer hunts?

The 800 seems to do fine but the ergonomics suck. I have a 15 once brass counter weight milled to fit in the back end of shaft. It still sux. Light as a feather but it hurts my hand right above the second knuckle to your palm. Any suggestions. Are these machines better for longer hunts?
Is a common issue these days with the modern design of a pod,screen control box, no rear battery box to counter balance things and heavy submersible coils. I had a Nox 800 and found it too fatiguing. The coil felt like lugging around a brick after several hours. There's a big difference between light and well balanced. They rave on about being light but iv used heavier machines that were well balanced and way less fatiguing.

^ exactly 👍 the lighter the coil the better.
Yeah, they all seem to be obsessed with heavy submersible open web coils. Great for hunting around water but for dry land and in forest type areas they are a pain being unnecessarily heavy and getting caught up in sticks and undergrowth. The Nox was ok in gold mode when I had it but ridiculous trying to locate small bits using the open web coil along with getting caught up. I guess thats why you see so many videos of people using trowels. Its way easier to drop the dirt with the target on the coil and locate it within seconds if you have an enclosed coil. Here's hoping Nokta doesn't follow suit and release their PI Gold machine with a damn heavy open web coil. I have a niggling suspicion they will.

I think the companies put big coils as stock so they can get more depth in comparison videos/reviews. They should be 9”-ish or even better our choice as some do. The worse part is you can’t sell or trade them because everyone has them.

Both are close...The beta I have has a small depth advantage on the beach...toss up...Then it becomes which tones, layout etc...I can navigate both easy...

Now that you mention the tones , which of the two detectors has a stronger tone hit on the targets ? And how accurate is the id on the target? Thanks for all the testing you’re doing and the vids . I really enjoy them . 👍

Now that you mention the tones , which of the two detectors has a stronger tone hit on the targets ? And how accurate is the id on the target? Thanks for all the testing you’re doing and the vids . I really enjoy them . 👍
On land the elite has a STRONGER depth hit . On the beach the Triple....Both detectors hit the targets but the audio gains are set up a little different by the engineers...I am trying to get Nokta to add a adjustable audio gain setting.