Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NIMH-AA-1.2v-Batteries Are Not Adding Up

Hi Guys
Read a few posts on Nimh Rechargeables, i have a Vaq detector, i use the 9.6 Volt/230mah Powerex.They charge full in a couple of hours to 11.5-12 Volts,i can use them Constant for 3 hours (Detector on all the Time) after 3 Hours they are just short of 10 volts give or take.The Vaq works no problem at 6.5 volts.
The Regulator on the Vaq Regulates the Output Voltage, not sure what voltage it regulates at, but if the Vaq works at 6.5 volts in the Unit, Switched on it must be low. The 230 m/ amps on the Battery are what the Battery can provide in 1 X hour, not the Amps the Detector needs.Better Battery's Provide more M/Amps Per hour. I tend to charge these battery's up at 10 volts, a new Copper Top is 9.42 volts. I will run one Powerex down see how long they last and let you know/ in the Detector.

Dave

Thanks to all for getting the battery issue explained.I will try the NIMH-AA's again.Sorry for being stubborn.I just wanted to be really sure about this subject.

Try one of these battery places that replaces batteries for just abt anything . They have small 12 V packs that might fit inside your detector box. They also will put a connector on that would let the single 12v pack connect to the place where all the AA went . They will also have a charger that will charge the 12 V pack The military uses a lot of these packs for scopes etc

Jerry

Bokensignal...T-energy makes a good battery and they are reasonably priced. Might want to read a bit and get the AA that's newer and won't air discharge like the older ones do. Retaining 80% of its shelf life for one year is almost a must as you'll reach in for your spare set that's been sitting in your stuff and it won't work for darn.
I ran across an 8 cell AA pack at Radio Shack that is identical to the one in both my Whites and my Tesoro. It was about 3 bucks. If you have a charger that will handle 8 cells at a time, you don't even have to take them out of the pack and place em in the charger. Just get the polarity right on the 'buttons' and hook em up to your charger. Good luck. Jim