Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nickels vs pull tabs

Downdeep

What am I doing wrong or not seeing that the machine is telling me? I can't see any difference between nickels and pull tabs..... :surrender:

I dug a half dozen pull tabs last night thinking they were nickels. Then I got a shallow signal and found a nickel on top of the ground in the grass. It showed the same as the pull tabs...help?? :angry:

Looks to be hidden in the signagraph.Check A pull tab with it then a nickle,watch the colored lines. Yazoo

That's the thing, I studied and studied both the main hunt screen and the analyze screen several times. Couldn't see a difference.

I don't use tone ID. I've read so much about the sound having different qualities. I was starting to pick up on that with my XLT, but so far the noise the V3 makes sounds the same each time.

I find nic's from 17 to 22 and most tabs start at 23-25 on up. I'm sure I'm missing some nic's in the higher range too, but the deeper/older nic's seem to be in the 17-22 for me.

Thats where my pulltabs were coming in last night. Possibly the ground was coming in to play.

The V3 is a nickel magnet. I think I have dug more nickels (22) in these few weeks of having the V3 than I have ever dug before. My numbers in Ill. highly minerized ground is very stable at 19-20. 18's seem to be pulltabs. I believe it is all in how White's has made the signals so stable. Numbers just don't bounce around much at all over targets which definitely contributes to digging more good targets. Just my observation so far.

I'll keep more of an eye on the numbers. This was the first time I hunted coins with it instead of relics so I know it'll take some time. Its hard hunting coins after relics. In a plowed field, I did every decent signal that isn't iron. If I did that while hunting coins, I'd go crazy!(er)

I find that nickels come in at a VDI of +19.
Pull tabs are higher and the numbers jump around alot.
Flapjack

Has anyone had any experience using the new 'butterfly 15x18 excelerator sef coil with the Spectra V?
Or has anyone tried using a DFX 'bigfoot' coil with the new Spectra V? I have a bigfoot that I kept when
I sold my DFX 300 to get the new Spectra. My son hunts circles around me with his DFX 300 and the Big Foot.

The DFX Bigfoot and V have been covered pretty well, maybe someone knows which posts, or just go back and check the past posts. It works pretty well except the 22.5 frequency has trouble with the 20's VDI's. The SEF should work fine except the TX Boost might not work in some ground. Past reports says the 15X18 is not that much deeper than the 10X12 and it is heavier.

When too many items from pulltab parts and can shavings start reading like a nickel I leave the nickels alone. Yesterday I found 7 nickels and two dimes.
Today I only found 4 nickels, second one was an 1898 V nickel. read a solid 19. 17 to 21 seems to be where they bounce around. With 19 being a solid nickel reading. I wonder if the V3 will have that special class ring reading like the XLT? 19, Jump up real fast and back to 19, no other variance.
The V3 is diffinatly a nickel getter.
Jr. found a 1945 Washington and a 1944 Wheat and an old brass padlock with a cross within a circle and a toy car.
I found the 1898 V 5C, lots of 25Cs, 3 dimes, 1 1C, 3 SAC 1$s and a toy car.
HH-Ron