Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice ride George

Larry (IL)

How can one deny a Victory like that? :surprised: Beautiful.

This is our ride, 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner. I used to ride a Honda years ago and didn't really enjoy it and never thought I would miss riding........until we went to a motorcycle rodeo that some friends were having. I saw a standard stratoliner and thought it was gorgeous and said to myself.....if I ever............. Well that ,if I ever, lasted a whole day. I looked on Ebay and there was this Midnight edition for sale and the rest is history. We are looking at a "toy hauler" travel trailer so we can do some traveling, treasure hunting and biking this summer. We have a BIG problem though. We have a boat that we live on in the summer, well, the weekends anyway, and we can't do boating and biking together and do either justice. We are in the pre-mourning process of thinking about selling the boat and do land cruising for a change. We love cruising the Illinois river but boating is getting real expensive with gas getting close to $4 a gallon on the water and a boat that gets 1.5 miles to the gallon.................well, you can do the math.

and trouble free from what I see of them at our club. Most of our riders are x motocross racers, so none of us are wrapped to tight. Yet these big rigs stand up great. Keep the oil changed and do the maintenance and your good to go. I know the conflict with hobbies.
My wife is into horses, so she wants them along, I like the dirt bikes, quads, road bikes, so I want them along with the detectors. We had a nice Monaco Class A and that was working, but them we went back to a 5th wheel. Running out of trailer hitches unless I pull them all in tamdum...LOL I know the boating hobby well. Fun hobby also but like planes, expensive fuel cost and yearly cost, at least here in salt water. Fresh is easier on them for sure. Sounds like your like me where if the one with the most toys wins, we got to be somewhere near the top 10... My kids will have lots of stuff to sell OR play with.... Again, nice looking bike... Stay safe, keep the shinny side up.

George-CT

After looking at my own picture I thought I better mention my short legs problem. Riding is a lot of fun until I have to stop. :rofl:

The Stratoliners are 1900 Ron. 101 Hp. Plenty of git-up-n-go for me.

Thanks Rob, we are itching to take it out for a day cruise, we have several planned. Santa was kind too with all of the leathers and other must haves.

It looks like a great touring bike. What saddle bags do you have mounted on that motorcycle...good looking.

Are you getting much riding time up there this time of the year? Down here in South Texas we can ride just about all year, and lots of back roads to ride. We are glad to see you posting on the forum...WELCOME! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Honda Helix. Lots of fun and 70 MPG:thumbup:

that is what is important, having fun with the bike of your choice! My cousin up at Kingsland, Texas has the same bike that you have and she is having a great time riding it on the back roads around Lake LBJ. In the near future, I am going to ride up there and then we will be riding to Enchanted Rock. While there, I think we may spend a few hours looking for some Topaz that folks find in that area. Please ride safe and have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I love that machine you've got. That's perfect for getting around, especially up in Roscommon. :thumbup:

your wife is just as proud of it as you are! I understand your reservations about selling your boat, though! Just keep them both! We are old enough now where we don't have to be so dang practical all the time! :rofl: By the way, what is your wife's name? :)

n/t

that beast is gorgeous! Sheesh! I thought i really had somethin with the new XS 1100 back in '79:biggrin: