Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice little bullet

In South Carolina the 3 ringers are worth about $3 a piece. So its like finding a $3 coin. Saying that, many of them have teeth marks in them. "Bite the bullet" while someones digging in your leg trying to get out a bullet. Heck in Charleston at the market the vendors down there take 2 or 3 bullets, a button and a cheap display case and sell them for $25 a pop to the tourist. Use to sell buttons to an ole fellow in Charleston years ago. No telling how many of the buttons I found are sitting on someones bookshelf.

NOW I take all of the old bullets I find (that really don't have value) and fill the seashell type lamps with them. I've got a couple of those lamps in my office. If nothing else it makes an interesting conversation piece.

PLUS its better than finding pull tabs!

HH
Pappy

n/t

[quote SNOWY]Nice, Old Sox...:detecting:

As far as regarding bullets as "keepers" goes,
I can see the link to the Civil War that might be made.

Down here in Australia we didn't have any civil war, so the historic attachment isn't there.
Lead projectiles are just scrap lead.
I think the same sentiment goes for our UK brothers...:confused:

I did once find a very old musket ball on an old property I had access to.
This old cattle property dated back to 1830, the musket ball was around .75 caliber.
It could have been fired from an ex-British military "Brown Bess" flintlock I guess.
I did have an attachment to that old ball ~ but generally no reason to keep them.

Now I've gotta ask the question; what reading did the possum give ?

cool.gif
[/quote]

He gave a low grumbly iron tone -9 or thereabouts!!:biggrin:

Hey Elton: sure... I will shoot a pic tonight and also show you a pic of what I do with "other stuff" later....

HH
Pappy

n/t

Hey elton.... I take a lot of junk and make it into treasure. Here's one of my lamps that I built last summer. And I use old iron parts, put them in old motor oil, clean them off then spray paint them with black rustoleum. Then I have a fishing lure table that I have some old antique lures and reels. I just sit some of the unique stuff around it in. Take a look... later..

Thanks Bob, for being such a considerate person.If you guys don't know Bob..get to know him...

n/t