Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice Deep Indian With The V3

CyberSage

I got a little hunt time in today and among the finds was this nice deep Indian Head. I thought I would share it here as it illustrates the very good depth capability of the Spectra V3. I measured the coin at over 9 inches in depth conservatively. The Indian was hitting consistently in the +93 to +95 range from 90 degree angles. It would wrap to -95 occasionally. The depth indicated by the V3 was 8.5 inches. The pinpoint was whisper quiet with the bars moving to show a dominant 7.5 followed closely by the 2.5 frequency.

DeepIndianSite.jpg

DeepIndianCloseUp.jpg

The Lesche digger is in the hole past the midway point of the red handle.

DIHeads.jpg

1907 Indian Head Penny. Pretty rough shape, but I will take it! ;) It air tested with a VDI of +58 to +59. What a beautiful Fall day.

Jack

Awesome cyber.

I'm wondering if your still using the slow swing program you wrote after getting you V or if you're on something new? I had yur program in my V but lost it with the i update.

Great find! Indians are tough for me. In my area they are often mineralized and can be difficult to detect even at 5 inches.

Thanks Jack for sharing those picks with us,I really enjoy your video,s too.
Did you find the Indian with your corralate program?
I found an Indian last week,It was green and registered in the low 80,s
The depth on the V3i showed right at 10", My Lesche was way down
in the hole. I would have took a photo but I,m too ignorant to know how to
paste them anyway.
Another find the day before that I think was strange was a good solid hit
at 6" that ID at 92, I dug down, pin pointed with my Garrett PP out popped
a 1938s merc ,There was still something in the hole when I checked with my PP.
I dug a little more and out popped a little badly rusted corroded disc that I
couldnt make out anything. It was the 2nd one I,ve found this year and they
were both in the hole with another coin. What is it you say?
I believe a 1943 steel cent!
I couldnt find them by themself because my settings would reject them.
Have you Jack or anybody else found any of these steel cents with your
Spectra Vision/V3/V3i ?

Jim

I am still using my same old correlate program with a slight variation. I have the +95 tone set to 255 and -95, -94 set to +254 and +253. It is a bit noisy, but I have been hitting some deeper targets in this particular park. The mineralization strength is higher in this park due to a lot of sand mixed with the clay soil. This elevates the VDI response abnormally. My swing speed is very slow. You can really sort through the trash, even with the D2. I have found 2 steel pennies last year in coin spills.

Very nice pictures and Indian. 10" is truly a deep coin. Thanks for sharing.:clapping: By the way my name is Jack also.

I'd thought that steel would be long gone by now. What did they look like?

Bradley137 said:
I'd thought that steel would be long gone by now. What did they look like?

Really bad!

Top Center

Group23.jpg

Lower Right
Look at the Lesche in that hole in the background. This was a good 10" for this coin spill

SpillDetail.jpg

Nice deep find! And you're right, that steel head looks bad but those shiny ones next to it looks real pretty. Congrats!

Thanks for posting Jack, that is interesting on the high VDI for an Indian and to add to your post, Rob buried a copper cent 9 inches in the ground yesterday and asked me to come over and test this spot. After ground balancing, I got a +92 on the hit and pinpointed right on the 9 inch mark. Just one more reason to not rely to heavily on the VDI numbers, especially on the deeper targets. If is sounds like it might be, dig it.

This high VDI on deep coins is normal for my area. I found an Indian with the MXT that was almost identical in it's response and pinpoint. It was at 9 inches when dug. I was using the D2 coil at the time. probably the best coil ever made for the MXT in my opinion.

1899Site.jpg

Burying a coin extremely deep and experimenting over it can be beneficial. While it might not represent a long buried coin, it will give you and idea of how wrap is effecting you in your hunting environment. Most importantly it will give a very accurate representation of pin pointing behavior. The 3 frequency pinpoint response is a powerful tool that the V3 offers over any other detector. It can tell you a lot about your target.

Jack

Jack, thanks for the program (link). How can I reduce the rattlesnake effects? I like what it is telling me, but not every couple of swings and I don't want to turn it off. Thanks and have a super day.

MillerTime said:
Jack, thanks for the program (link). How can I reduce the rattlesnake effects? I like what it is telling me, but not every couple of swings and I don't want to turn it off. Thanks and have a super day.

You can change the +95, and -95 to -93 to a custom tone setting to 0. You will still get good depth, but may miss targets that are on the fringe of wrapping. If your soil is good this may not cause any problems for you. Give it a try. Don't be afraid to experiment and modify settings. That's what this is all about. Good luck,and let me know your results.

Jack