Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie From Scotland...

Hi Spanky,
Nice to hear from Canada. Just like the USA, a lot of us scots live there due to the Highland Clearances.

Cheers,
Kenny.

Some day I will go back and if I am lucky I will have my family with me. I agree it is beautiful there.

Farnum

I sent a copy of your last reply to one of my brothers and here is what he sent back to me. I thought you might enjoy it.

Hi Again,
After your last email I checked for Culloden and MacLachlan and one site had a map. It looked like the Farquahars were lined up right next to the MacLachlans in the battle formation and both appeared to be sort of in the middle of the line, almost right across from where the English artillery was. Probably not the best location if you wanted to survive the
battle!

Farnum

its welsh dog and means (thank you very much) another populer one is cymru-am-byth pronounced come-re-am bith (wales for ever) nos star (goodnight) lol

hi dog its welsh an means (thank you very much)another populer one is cymru-am-byth pronounced come-ree-am-bith (wales for ever) hope this helps nos-star (goodnight)lol
Paul

Hi Farnum,
Yes, they were both in the middle. They probably fought together and died together, like a verse in the 'Skye Boat Song':

Many's the lad fought on that day
Well the claymore could wield
When the night came, silently lay
Dead on Culloden's field.

Cheers,
Kenny

Hi brrttpaul,
Welsh sounds very fimliar to gaelic. If I knew how to write in gaelic I would write some phrases down :laugh: But unfortunatley I can only talk some gaelic :(

M