Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Years Snooping ....Part 1-2-3

from a winter vacation...I suspect she is plum worn out at the moment. I suspect that she thinks that we were trying to put a burr under her saddle blanket to make her yell, but we would not really do that, right? She is one smart woman, one that we could invite to ride fence with us any day of the week...she could clean the camp and do the cooking. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: :jump: :rofl:

It would seem to me that it would be top heavy and could roll upside down during heavy seas or a bad storm. Also, do any of those boats slip off the wood blocks while in the dry dock being repaired? I am beginning to form an opinion that while some naval ships are similar, none are exactly alike...sorta like individual custom features, correct? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i'am sure they are each weighed. The Ship is ballasted to balance. Over the years,i have seen photo's of containers being lost overboard,and drift to a beach, if they don't sink first! If i remember,last year on the Beach forum, someone posted photo's of a container that drifted ashore in New Jersey. It was full of Frito's, and they were all over the beach in unopen packages. Indeed the ship looks top heavy to me also.

After Al and i left the drydocks, we ventured along the various wharehouse's,looking for open area's to investigate. We drove behind this neat looking building, onto an open wharf,with a great view of Boston Harbor. [attachment 77445 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor102.jpg] Here is "Zeus" over the doorway.Great details! [attachment 77446 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor107.jpg] [attachment 77447 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor104.jpg] [attachment 77448 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor106.jpg]

Appears these people are having a ball,racing around the green can! I don't sail, but was jealous of them boating on a freezing cold New Years Day!! While i was snapping the pix,it was raining,snowing,sleeting... [attachment 77449 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor110.jpg] [attachment 77450 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor118.jpg][attachment 77451 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor122.jpg][attachment 77453 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor128.jpg] [attachment 77454 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor132.jpg] [attachment 77455 NewYearsDayBostonHarbor144.jpg] Rj

ya got Royal to pose for that statuary over the doorway??:rofl:

Looks like you and Al had a great day snooping!

spent the day carting the ladies around Keene NH today!

n/t

Anytime you can squeeze in a day doing something you like it shortens the winter I think. We used to really enjoy watching them race the big stuff out around Block Island, RI. Looks like that had a nice stiff wind that day as they all seem heeled over pretty good. Nice pictures.

george-CT

in that type of weather. Being fully clothed, if they fell over board or the boat flipped over, they would have a difficult time of survival in that cold water. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

What is the meaning of "Zeus" being over the doorway? Some of the old building are fascinating to see. Thanks for posting these pictures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and washes ashore or the contents washes ashore, will it belong to the person who finds it? Kelley (Texas) :)

If it were full of metaldectors or digital camera's what would you do? Picture walking down a long beach, at night, seeing this big bright red container,with its door partially opened, or a hole in the side? Hmmmm....

It the container was full of metal detectors or digital cameras, everyone on this Forum would be receiving an early Christmas gift from South Texas. I often wish that I lived closer to the Gulf Coast and could walk the beaches looking for treasure, but I would stay out of the dunes because of the rattlesnakes. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Mexicans are just not into that stone work I guess :D