Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to metal detecting want to say hi!

... Most of us long time forum regulars here have a pretty decent sense of humor and regularly give each other a good natured hard time. About the only thing we we won't poke fun at would be children in pain or trouble or death in a family. Everything else is pretty much fair game.

Look being you are new to the hobby,We have a few thing we have do to stay here.You may not know this but every body on the forum sends me $5.00 per Mo. to post here.Now I ain't a smart man I do need help every now and then.So if you see I made a little mistake with my spelling it'll be ok.You may have to fix the letter where they belong,But they will all be there.Well I got to go now,I see the Doc. is coming with my crayons.

Ya'll have fun now

n/t

n/t

welcome to the forum and to metal detecting......going to the minelab forum is a very wise choice.....you will get alot of info there. now go find the gold...and make sure to post it as we all love to see it....hh

dobbie, didn't you read my post????? I specifically told him to get the silver. The GOLD is for us Fisher CZ-21 owners. Now get it straight will you????????

You made the right choice.......Excal is the best for beach hunting. It will take you time to get used to it, but once you do, the gold is in your pocket!

As soon as we sell our house, we will be moving to the Sarasota area........maybe see you on the beaches soon.

Great! Where are you located now? By the way, my wife is a realestate broker here, she would love to help find you a home. Her website is www.juliesellsflorida.com you can start searching now from her site. Just send her an e-mail if you have questions.

I was playing with the excalibur tonight. put some coins, my wedding ring and tabs on the ground, I didn't seem to have any problems. The only time I had a problem was when I places one of my wifes gold earrings on the ground and one of her light weight gold necklasses. I didn't get a signal from any of them, tried all kinds of settings. Is there a limit in weight / size that it wont pick up the item?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for the warm welcom from everyone.

I finally got to play with the excalibur tonight. I put some coins, my wedding ring and tabs on the ground, I didn't seem to have any problems. The only time I had a problem was when I placed one of my wifes gold earrings on the ground and one of her light weight gold necklasses. I didn't get a signal from any of them, tried all kinds of settings. Is there a limit in weight / size that it wont pick up the item?

Thanks

Mike

Gold is a very funny metal. On a gold chain, your detector will NOT pick up the whole chain. It will only see one loop. That is why it is hard for any detector to find gold chains. Same thing with a broken gold ring. If the ends do not touch, it is very hard for the detector to see it. Silver is a different story. No your not doing anything wrong. Its just the charateristics of the metal. I found two gold chain because of a cross attached to them and one because a penny was under it. That is the extent of my gold chain finding.

That is one area that the Excal is not good at........unless the chain is balled up. Set your discrimination at 0 and your sensitivity around 11 o'clock and you should be good to go.

We already have land just outside of Sarasota, plus an offer on an investment home that we are waiting to hear on........it is a short sale that is taking forever!

Well, not the best time of the day I supose, but I had to be at work at 4:00 PM. I only searched from 10:00 am until 1:30 pm. I had a lot of fun, playing with it. My finds today are 51 bottle caps, 15 pull tabs, some aluminum foil, one nickel, 3 dimes and 5 pennies. I hope the next beach will be better. But, I did have a great time. I can't believe how fast the time went!