Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to forum

lmao, there are many women detectorist, maybe men out number us, but I was a tomboy growing up and loved to get dirty as a little girl..I would be out in the dirt making mud pies in my pretty white dress, lmao, my mom used to tell me little girls were not suppossed to get dirty, they were suppossed to stay clean and be pretty. Oh please, what fun is that? lol...I didn't understand that concept. :) I probally ate alot of the dirt too, maybe that is what is wrong with me now, rotflmao...well what don't kill me will make me stronger, lol!

besides, I like the stuff I can find and this is how I am going to get my jewelry for free! :) lol There is now way I would go out and spend hard earned money on fine jewelry when I can get it free with my metal detector! :)

krissy

Hello Tiggyann:

What I mean by zig zag is this, run a zig zag course parallel to the shoreline in the water and to a lesser degree in the wet sand (I don't work the sand, only water) when you first start into your hunt. You should notice a pattern in the distance from shore at which you are finding various types of targets. Generally speaking, pulltabs and light aluminium bits will be closest to shore, then coins and then jewellery as the waves tend to sort targets by weight. By zig zagging you are trying to establish where each line of targets is relative to the shoreline, then you can focus your efforts at detecting areas that have a higher concentration of good targets.
Please understand that there will always be some blurring of the edges of these lines between different weights of targets due to resistance to the current, how long ago the target became affected by currents and then just pure chance. This is more of an art than a science but the laws of physics still apply.
If you have not already been directed to the website thegoldenolde.com then you should look into it and read it thoroughly. Old Norm left us all a wealth of information to use, may he rest in peace.

Good luck and be Safe,

BDA:cool: