Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to forum

Honeytoast

Hi all,been lurking on this forum for quite a while,finally got the gumption to try and interact.I from the north shore and have a land machine,and a water machine.I see that some people hunt the beaches in the winter is it really productive as you all write ? I would like to get out some weekend.What should I look for at the beach? I have limited time and want it to be productive.Any info will be sureley appreciated.

hi, and welcome! :)

I hunt in the winter, winter is good, here in florida, north easterly winds cause beach erroision. :) Sometimes deep cuts in the sand and dunes. Search these areas, you never know what you may find. :)

krissy

Coins have a habit of getting flipped up there by wave action crashing in at the cut level.
If you are going into the water, remember to zig zag until you find the target rich band that has been stripped out of the beach by the waves. Usually this will occur where the soft sand meets the harder bottom, you will feel this with your feet as you are wading.

Just my 2 cents worth,

BDA:cool:

There are several excellent publications on water hunting. Clive James Clynick, Andy Sabisch and Charles Garrett have all written EXCELLENT books for water hunting. PM me if you need more details. A great deal of knowledge can be obtained by just reading our posts. A lot of us will throw in little details in our posts that are clues as it were to getting the loot, savvy? So you wanna be a scallywag 'eh? What kinda units do ya have in yer arsenal? How long have ya been at this fine art 'O treasure huntin'? GH

what state are you located in?I hunt the north shore of MASS./S.New Hampshire beaches. Its a great hobbie...after winter storms the huntings great!!! good luck!!

Hi,I'm from Peabody Mass,just moved here from Maine, I know a little bit about the beaches from all the post on this forum would like to hook up and try some beaches,got to go right now but will keep updating my post. Thanks for the welcome.

Honeytoast:cheekkiss:

Hey , thanks for the welcome,I come armed with ex2.and a whites beach hunter id but haven't mastered the whites.I've been hunting for 10 years off and on but really into it lateley.Sweet sounding is a understatement!

If you've been lurking here awhile you already know there are a fair share of us in the NE area (MA, NH, CT, ME). During the spring, summer and fall I get out to the coast beaches fairly regularily and I'm sure you'll run across some of us this spring as well.

Speaking of winter hunting, this will be my first cold weather detecting as well - I'm looking forward to a big NE'r (in fact I'm saving some *cough cough* sick days for it - hehe).

Good luck and make sure to post some finds when you get em - the one thing we love around here is pictures of LOOT!!!!

I saw those forecasts too - looks like the winds are supposed to pick up tomorrow and carry through gusting pretty good on Saturday.

I'm gonna probably try to go out either for the low tide Saturday night or the one Sunday morning - not sure yet which one.

The last time I was out there was not long after Christmas and the hunting was lousy - so much sand in a couple spots that I wasn't getting ANY signals.

Wish the winds were expected to be from the NE, but at this point I'll take anything that produces some good size waves.

If I go Sunday morning, I'll watch for you - if I go Saturday night, the best I can do is watch for a light bobbing in the distance :crazy:

HI. HONEYTOAST,AND WELCOME TO THE FORM.I AM SURE WE WILL CROSS PATH OR MAYBE WE HAVE ALL READY.I AM NEXT DOOR TO YOU.BEVERLY,AND I DO HUNT SALEM ,DANVERS,PEABODY, LYNN AND SO SO. YOU ARE GOING TO FIT FINE HERE, GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING AL.

Well, if you ain't figured it out already, BEACH HUNTER is the Beach Hunter ID guru on here. I don't know anybody that's as serious about that unit as he is. No, he's not shouting, that's just BH. If you need tips, BH is yer man on that rig. As for the Explorer.......HMMMMMMM....ask Max! Good luck to ya Honeytoast!