Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New digging tool...and some finds...FIRST SILVER!!!

steamer70

Hey guys,
Since I dont have much to spend on MD'ing,I am always looking for a deal.....I found this digger at a certain home improvement store for the whopping price of $12.98.......it is built like a tank,12 inches long,saw blade on one side and knife sharp blade on the other,it beats the little hand trowel I was using:yo:...
Tonight I went to a old house(built in the mid 1800s),partially burnt down back in the 50s and the family is fighting over the property,but my wife is a nurse and she was helping this old dude(89),and he said he knew the family,he said he would call them and see if I could go scan the place,well he called me tonight and said long as I dont mess around in the storage shed,and filled the holes up after I had free access when ever I wanted,welllll... :detecting: I couldnt wait and went over there about midnight for about 30 min with the ace 250,and one of those flashlight that you strap to your noggin,lmao....and I FOUND SILVER!!!!! not only that I found two of the oldest coins I ever held...1866 3 cent piece and a 1863 Indian head,both have seen better days,but that will happen when your 140+ years old...I dont care anyway,I am thrilled...:crazy:

Totally awesome dude!:super:Congrats on the terrific finds!:cheers:Happy Hunting!:)

G/Day steamer70,
I managed to snag one of those diggers a few months back, works real well and dosn't seem to wear out. good value.
Adrian SS

Sweeet finds, the three cent is a super great find.Looks like a full Liberty too. They have eluded me to date.Thats going to be a great place to hunt it seems.
Good Luck

Where you get that digger?Home depot? I need one.

but that three cent piece is copper-nickel, not silver. Still it is a very rare find and in great condition. I bet most treasure hunters never find one and if I did it would be more precious than silver in my eyes.

Chris

Sweet finds you have there.I have the exact same digger myself but had to grind the forked tongue off.(Didn't like it) but it is pretty tough

thanks guys...It dosent matter to me if it silver or not,it is awesome regardless...:thumbup:

Great find, way to go!!

Well,,, my bad. Sry, :please: I just looked again. .750 copper and .250 nickle

That coin is in super shape for being in the ground.

funny thing is I almost didnt even dig it,it kept bouncing from peny...dime...penny dime....so just in case I dug,6 inches down,pulled out the dirt and scan the hole and nothing,tried the pinpointer...nothin, check the dirt out of the hole...bingo!!!! found the penny,filled the hole and scanned it again before I put the plug back and got another beep again,this time just penny????pinpointed the dirt in the hole and bingo!!!! the 3 cent piece...crazy :blink:...
I cant wait to go back this weekend

That 3c is awsome! Congrats

I have the some digger. I did not like the fork either. Don't grind it off though. I filled mine with a diamond shaped piece of stainless steel and had our welder weld it together. Works even better than it did and has about another 3/4 inch of depth!

Find ya a guy with a TIG and trade him a couple of Wheats or a 6 pack

HH
Jeff

WTG steamer awesome finds!! :thumbup:

n/t