Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Multi-Tone Program Help

Are you sure, that "Tone ferrous : 0" with zero discrimination is good for deep searching?

I read all the answers but I think that no one has said why the first two tones are so close.
In fact, if you use four tones, you'll hear only three because the first tone is that of the discrimination.
You can see raising the discrimination, the first tone will always be equal to the point of discrimination.
As you can see in the video, the maximum depth is obtained by keeping low discrimination, at least 3.3.
if you want to keep the highest discrimination should assign the second tone, with a lower value in Hz.
for example:

First tone id: range 3,3 tone 200 hz
Second tone id: range 3,3 - 10 tone 206 hz
Third tone id: range 10 - 38 tone 240 hz
Fourth tone id: range 38 - 99 tone 644

In this case there is the maximum depth, a grunt tone for the garbage, a low tone for foil but also good targets such as half-hammered coins, and a high tone for conductive targets, the vdi 97 to 99 are always great irons and just look at the numbers of VDI.
I hope I have explained it well.

Xergix said:
I read all the answers but I think that no one has said why the first two tones are so close.
In fact, if you use four tones, you'll hear only three because the first tone is that of the discrimination.
You can see raising the discrimination, the first tone will always be equal to the point of discrimination.
As you can see in the video, the maximum depth is obtained by keeping low discrimination, at least 3.3.
if you want to keep the highest discrimination should assign the second tone, with a lower value in Hz.
for example:

First tone id: range 3,3 tone 200 hz
Second tone id: range 3,3 - 10 tone 206 hz
Third tone id: range 10 - 38 tone 240 hz
Fourth tone id: range 38 - 99 tone 644

In this case there is the maximum depth, a grunt tone for the garbage, a low tone for foil but also good targets such as half-hammered coins, and a high tone for conductive targets, the vdi 97 to 99 are always great irons and just look at the numbers of VDI.
I hope I have explained it well.

Are you saying you can hear the difference between 200Hz and 206Hz? If so, your ears are a lot better than mine, if not, why not just set them both to 200Hz? Is there an unwritten rule the each of the four frequencies must be different?

I would also expect that the difference between 200/206Hz and 240Hz would be very hard to distinguish, especially in the field. If you want to these ranges, why not set the third tone to 450Hz and the fourth tone to the max of 791Hz so that there is the greatest separation between the frequencies?

Not trying to criticize, just a noobie trying to understand.

You may leave the second tone at 200, many do, is just to mark a small difference, it is important that this tone is very low.
The third tone should be not too low, not too high, must be distinguished from the fourth.
The fourth set it high enough for me 791 is too high, make me disturbed, I prefer a lower tone, more pleasant, 644 for me is a good tone, it is a matter of ear.
The choice does not affect the depth of tone, but it is important that they are easy to distinguish.