Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Pictures of last years BC trip...

Royal

One is of Wayne demostration how Canadians Pee. A couple have Alice in them, always working, the last one is of the view we get while on the ferry. In fact a couple of them are shots from the ferry.

I hope you enjoy them. You can see that the weather is a bit nippy at times but perfect for being out. Detecting conditions were perfect and I shed my heavy coat a good bit of the time

n/t

i would love to see it some day.i've been south to the keys,east to the coast,west as far as colorado but i've only been north as far as detroit.i've seen a lot of pretty country,most of it right here in southern missouri ozarks but we don't have mountains and lakes like that.the old farts with the white beards like us,we got lots of them.hehe

BIte ME!!:super:

n/t

the next to last picture for a water tub? They keep swiping them around these parts if to far from the house. Seems people like them for antiques...

Swampy

Heck we do not even lock our house and we leave the vehicle keys in the ignition. :)

sunny skies

M

n/t

are aside the road, kiss it goodbye. Seems they like quick get away setups, and thats not me. I'm 1/2 mile off the main road on my own narrow driveway so they either have to back it down, or come all the way in. Beautiful spot you have there. I grew up here so I stay put but I could move up that way no problem. I have 3 friends I grew up with out your way. One in Washington State, and his brother is in Port Roberts...I think thats in your area and another in Vancover. They went west and stayed also. They keep trying to get me and the wife to move out, but all my kids are back east here. To much distance at this age. Looks like you have a great life there my friend.

Swampy

I found the fast paced life, and stress, just too much for this old boy. So, we came up here. Only 350 or so people, and a great lifestyle.

Sounds like you haveit made too. 1/2 mile long driveway.... I would hate to have to plow that in the winter. my 700 feet is long enough for me.

sunny skies

M

a small town by Connecticut stardards. We are in the Northeast section of CT. Mostly farm land but its growing at a pretty good clip now. They found out land here was half of what it is along the coast, and the closer you get to NY, the more expensive till you get to say Greenwich, then its pretty much unafordable for the average working man.

This is what the call the Villages. In this town about 1400 people. These are the die hard Swamp Yankee's.... We have some Hollywood folks that live here, but no one mentions it much. They to have the long driveways and out this way, even neighbors a few doors away, you may not even know. Not sure why, just how it is...Everyone sticks to themselves. They seem to show up if your in need and they are aware but they go right back into the woodwork when the need is over. I never notice it much till I started traveling and saw that it was much different elsewhere. Then I knew why others though New Englanders were snooty....

700 is a lot to plow also. I do it with my backhoe. It has a heated cab on it so not that hard, just boring when its one of those wet heavy snows that takes awhile to move, then its a 2 hour job. A light snow like the one in the picture I attached is easy, 1/2 hour and I'm done.

To be honest,if I don't have to go out, I leave it like you see it...I can just drive out if need be, yet I like not seeing any tracks and it feels like your in deep woods. If my wife is down south visiting my daughter in Chareleston and I'm here, I'll leave it like that for a week or until someone drives in and gets stuck.... Most folks here know how to drive in snow so no problem...

I sure like your mountains there.....That is some really beautiful scenery. Next time I'm out west, I'm gonna check out more of the coast line of Washington up around Oylimpia and further north.

Swampy

I could almost swear I felt a rush of cool air. Couldn't be though, cause it's 102 here and the humidity would kill someone who is not used to this Arkansas weather. All my roses are dying from thirst, no matter how much water you give them! Time to surrender, I guess! I love snow to play in, but let a flake fall around here and Arkansans turn into real idiots. They wreck their cars, clean out the grocery stores, and act like they won't see daylight for another month, when usually we don't have it around more than a day of so! I call snow days here "Amatuer Days" and just don't go out.

I, too, love the peaceful stillness of a new snow. I love the way it makes everything so quiet and serene feeling. Thanks for sharing! :)

the same thing you say. They become idiots....She is stationed there in the Air Force but they get a dusting of snow and she says, you better not be out there. They have no idea what to do.
She gets a little homesick in the winter when we talk of snow. She really liked it. She and her brother would go out and plow snow all night then beat her jeep to death out in the woods playing around in the snow. During big snow storms here, no one is on the road, but folks with quads, snowmobiles, jeeps or horse draw sleighs. The sleigh and horses would be my wife and her friends, quads my son, snowmobiles all his friends, and jeeps my daughter and her friends. They run emergency for the Fire department, but play as much as they can, same for EMT units.... Fun time..... Heres a shot of our RV at christmas....

now beginning to. Went to Florida this past summer, Georgia last week to see our son, and in the morning we are going to Jackson, TN to visit Scott's brother and family. I simply love it, even though I fought against it at first. Now, it's the only way to travel, as I hated car riding. I like having my own bed, with "my stuff" in it, and not having to worry what the hotel room would be like once we got there.

In Florida, we stayed in a large RV park called Camping by the Sea.

I love the thought of riding in a horse drawn sleigh. Sounds like something right out of a dream. I bet your wife and her friends love it. We also ride our four wheelers and our little ranger in the snow. It's fun.

I bet you all have built some dandy snowmen, huh? :)

really enjoy it. We have tried out a lot of different camper types, from Class C, Class A, slide in's, pop ups, tent's, trailers. They all have something they do a little better or easier than another one, but each one is great. We have done quite a bit of RV travel. With my daughter down south in the AF, we go there a lot. We stayed there one winter at the AF base campground. The winter after that we stayed in Florida moving around from Key West up to Salt Springs and bounced between there and Rainbow Springs and Cedar Key. Needless to say, I like to hit all the beaches for metal detecting. My wife likes the Ocala area for horses and she enjoys barn hoping. We like to canoe the rives coming out of the springs also.

Charleston, SC is nice for me as I can see my daughter when ever I like plus I am close to Isle of Palms, Folly Beach, and Mrytle Beach. While there I got hooked on hunting for fossil sharks teeth also and my wife got into walking the beaches finding Sand dollars.

We did 3 months the year before last out west, Left Connecticut here, went out to Chicago, then turned north and went Via South Dakota, neat stuff in that state. I was only going to stay there a few days, ended up there over a week. We did Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse,wolly Mamonth Pits in Hot Springs, The Badlands, Black Hills, Deadhorse, Sturgis and a host of other small items like gold mines, dude ranches = horses. Jane rode up the back of Mt Rushmore on a horse and really enjoyed it.

Then played around in Wyoming, Cody at Buffalo Bills, more Fossil pits, then on to YellowStone. Awesome place....one of my favorties if you like wildlife which I do. Hit big snow storm there on June 9th. Then on to Jackson Hole, Played in the Tetons, more dude ranches, then on to Idaho.... Didn't do much in Idaho, but drive thru the southern part so can't say much about it but am told the Bitter roots are really nice.

From there on into Oregon...Nice state, some really great campgrounds,with lots of gold mines around, tailings to play in etc. My buddy lives in Hermiston, Oregon, so camped in his yard for 2 weeks and we hunted the Columbia River beaches, and Walloaw lake region....beautiful area at Walloaw. Hermiston is high plains desert, not my cup of tea....Left there and went to my other buddies in Washington...Spent 4 days till his girlfriend arrived, then we headed out with his camper and mine for another month... I'l stop for now, as that one gets crazy with many stops.

Sounds like you guys are not letting any moss grow on your tires either..Thats great.... If itwere up to me I'd be out on the highway now. My wife just finished up with eye problems, macular hole in the eye, then cateracts, new lens in other eye, but she is doing fine now, and can drive again...So we are planning now.. all the kids will be back in school after labor day so then its more fun for us....Campgrounds are empty, don't need to call ahead, and you can pick your spot. We do stop in Flying J truck stops if pushing hard to get from point A to B.
Good place to park, eat, fuel and be gone at daybreak.

Your very right aobut having your own bed, and stuff....Thats my reason behind it also... Even if it cost more, I prefer it....I sleep better and just enjoy it all more....

Here is a picture of the one we just sold....Jane didn;t like driving it.....to big in the mountains...I liked it,but we like to share driving and that one didn't allow that....
Swampy