Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Depth Using Single Frequency!

I have been thinking about trying Single Frequency at my "pounded out" sites over the last few days, so I decided to get out for an hour to a site that will be undetectable in another week or so. I was thinking that single frequency may give me a bit more depth to get what I may have missed before, and I was right!

At first I worked with 22.5 KHz, but quickly realized that I was getting a lot of positive readings from iron. I switched to 7.5KHz and it did away with the iron problem. I was easily getting deeper signals. I dug some deep tiny junk, and then the Indian Head read solidly at 7.5 inches. I was surprised how clear and consistent the signal was! Much better than Best Data!

A few minutes later I got the tiny ball button which was also fairly deep but gave a bouncy signal.

After a while I got a solid 80 at 8 inches. Again I was surprised at the strong, consistent signal. Hoping to find a Barber or Merc Dime, I was thrilled to see the small copper!

This is Half Cent number three for 2012! Before this year I had only dug two over the last 10 years!

The button appears to be an early Navy button but it is too far gone. I can only make out an anchor. Too bad because the back is in one of the best shapes of any button I have ever dug!

For me, single frequency is the way to go for "hunted out" sites!

Schultzie said:
Curious as to why you picked 7.5kHz and not 2.5kHz???

2.5 KHz is not sensitive to small targets at all. It would mean risking small gold and buttons. The risk of missing a silver coin in 7.5 KHz (or even 22.5 KHz) is much less than the risk of missing gold in 2.5 KHz. 7.5 KHz is a great compromise.

2.5 KHz also drains the battery much quicker.

Marc in Me said:
Is this the same program you had posted last year single freq. 7.5 ?

I am not sure, but probably. To be honest I don't get hung up on programs. I basically use Relic program with Tone ID, accept down to minus 40, Recovery Delay 90. Everything else is adjusted as necessary. I was using RX10, AM 75 and Disc 92 with my Ground Filter at 7.5 Hz Band.

Neil in West Jersey said:
Marc in Me said:
Is this the same program you had posted last year single freq. 7.5 ?

I am not sure, but probably. To be honest I don't get hung up on programs. I basically use Relic program with Tone ID, accept down to minus 40, Recovery Delay 90. Everything else is adjusted as necessary. I was using RX10, AM 75 and Disc 92 with my Ground Filter at 7.5 Hz Band.

Somethin' about the Relic Program is special for me also. I haven't tried the single tone though, and I usually run with MM audio turned off. Otherwise Relic is my main prog to build from. martin