Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More backyard fun...

jbow

I buried another minnie, a clad quarter, clad dime, nickel, zinc penny, and bronze penny. I used my "relic shark" shovel and just inserted it at an angle, slightly lifted the dirt and used a large screwdriver to get the targets in place then packed the dirt back. All the targets are 6.5 to 7.5 inches... I may have to try another spot, this in the same general area as my other test, only these are more shallow.

This time the Sovereign does not give me a good TID. I tried the T2 and F75LTD with the small coils and I got a hit but mostly it registered iron. I tried the 11" coil on the LTD and got the best TID with the sens on 60 and the disc on 0, if I even turned the disc up to 3 the TID would drop to iron. I didn't try the larger coil on the T2. The E-TRAC was the only machine to correctly ID all the tartgets, a couple bounced around some but there was no doubt that what they were.

The V3... I tried both the D2 and the 5.3 coils and with both, using many different settings the minnie gave me a VDI number of 80. give or take a couple of numbers. All the targets were off on the VDI. I tried 3 frequency both best data and correlate. I tried all three single frequencies with normalize both on and off on 2.5 and 22.5. I tried different recovery delay settings 40, 50, and 80. Different ground filters... and different programs. I could not get a correct VDI on the targets. However... whenever I pinpointed I would get a strong hit with the proper frequency hitting hardest by far. I don't understand why pinpoint, on say the bullet, would be twice as strong on 7.5 and give me a loud and clear signal... then give me bad information on the search screen and the analize screen.

Also, I may have a bad coil. I don't remember the test but with the RX gain set at 15 and the coil held waisthigh it overloaded, I had to back the RX down to 9 to stop the overload.

Thanks for any ideas...

Julien
I have a borrowed 6x10. I will try that before returning it... I better get going.

The test is at the top of the forum. According to what you posted you have a bad coil. Rob

after playing with a lot of different settings and programs I was able to ID the minnie with the V3 as well as with the E-TRAC. All the other targets I could also do as well on the ID except for the nickel. The V3 mostly IDs the minnie in the low 90s, it should be 51 or 52 and I found some settings where I could keep it in the 60s with occasional jumps down to the low 50s. This was using the D2 coil. The 4x6 won't hit any of the targets with any VDI, just an iron grunt.

I don't know why the D2 overloaded that one time but I will start checking it everytime I use it.

More stuff I noticed... the 5.3 coil had an average signal loss of 15% in the area with spots of up to 30% signal loss. However the D2 had a less than 2% signal loss. I went into the edge of the woods with the 5.3 to check the difference in signal loss and with 2-3 inches of mulch the SL was around 6% but if I kicked the mulch aside the SL would rise to about 12%. I don't remember the ground VDI number and I wont have a chance to check more until next week.

Also I didn't get good VDI or signals with the 5.3

Overall, I was able to coax much better performance from the V3 using the D2 and tweaking settings. The best settings were filter 10khzhigh, recovery=90, correlate, three frequency, slow swing speed... I don't remember if I changed anything else. HiPro seemed to be the best over all program also a custome program I have that is based on HiPro.

More next week and I am open to suggestions. I am going to try and get a video of what is happening.

Julien