Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mixed reviews on the 2500

Yeah when I field test a detector I'll spend a minimum of 60-80 hours with it at a dozen or more different locations. You can't do the machine justice with any less. That's why a lot of people sour on a detector because they don't spend enough time to learn it and familiarize themselves with it, then they run around telling everyone what a lousy machine it is.

Bill

Let me dispell a myth for you. Not all old coins are buried halfway to China. The "depth" mystique is for ad hype and bragging sessions. Most coins that were naturally lost are well within the reach of most detectors out there. This is an age old myth that you need a super deep machine to find old coins. I've found coins from the 1700's at two inches and clad at eight inches in the same area. The 2500 will get down as deep as you want to dig and in all metal it will go even further. Just learn how it works and you'll find enough to keep you happy.

Bill

GTI's require a slower swing as they just have too much info to process. Also try running your sensitivity at 6 to 6.5 for a spell.

Bill

I agree Bill at least 60 hours (or there abouts) should be put into testing a machine before youy decide to sell it or otherwise.

I also have to agree with your remark aobut coins beng buried half way to China, thats only true for some places but not even close to all..

I spent at least 50 hours with mine, but I have to tell my hunting buddy to slow down. Cheers for that Bill!

I think he'll like that...(to slow down) :rolleyes: