Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Misadventure on the Reservoir Dog!!!

n/t

Give us some time and I may be able to come on down an teach you the fine art of diving and detecting :lol:

take care

Fair winds, calm seas

M

From reading your story, those currents can be deadly. I imagine that diver was experieced enough to not panic and just float with the current until he could get close enough to swim to shore. I always enjoy these sea stories and after reading them often wish that I had done some diving in my younger years. Thanks for posting this exciting and interesting story, I loved it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

The urchins are gathered [by us divers], crated and then taken to the distributor. The distributor, then gets the best price possible, from the Japanese, and then flies them, while they are still alive, to Japan. [imagine that cost]. The Japanese then take the roe from the urchins and sell it to their restaurants, homes and people.

By the way, it tastes awful!! :)

fair winds

M

You guys musta had to use some fairly heavy weights to counter the currents. That guy was sure lucky to have been carried towards land. Gets pretty lonely out there, that when you learn what "small" is!
Great story, lets hear some more.

ps: How's Alice doing, give her a hug for me!

Dave

They kinda look like a fancy, colorful sand burr that we have down here in South Texas, but much larger. I had never heard of a Sea Urchin before you posted your story, but then again, there are many things that I do not know about, especially when it involves the sea. I do not think that I would want to eat one of them, and I have never seen them on the menu when we have eaten at the "Red Lobster" cafe either. Mike, again, thanks for posting this interesting story, I just read it again. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

We all we carrying 45-60 pounds of weights in those currents... sometimes more. You had to be careful of you dropped them and you had your BC inflated...... instant polaris missle!! :)

Alice is doing very well. She is still down in Vancouver but will be home Friday... or thereabouts.. :)

fair winds, sunny skies

M

Glad to hear that Alice is progressing. I helped a guy out once in Long Beach CA making some repairs to a steel hull that had sprung some plates. The surge currents around the jetty made for some interesting maneuvers for sure. I figured you must have been using quite a bit of weight. That was about two weeks before I blew out an eardrum. Sadly, I haven't been diving since except for some snorkeling.

Dave

I think it's fair to say that you guys were without fear when diving like that. I don't think I could have worked up the courage to partake in those kind of dives. Very, very gutsy and interesting. Just a great post !:cheers:

n/t