Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab v Garrett

Shucks, I can remember when you could buy a new car for 700 dollars. Bill In Texas

$1498.00 dollars??? hOLY CATS! That's alot of clad even by Canada or AUS. hunting! I'll have to read up on one of these units. Makes ya wonder though.

If we are all completely honest, I think the majority of us would admit the value of what we find is not equal to what we spend on detectors and all the related paraphenalia that goes with this hobby.

That's OK, because this is our hobby and we love it.

If someone tells me the E-Trac is better than the 2500, I'll concede that's very possible.

But is that advantage enough to ever equal the $1,000 difference in cost for most of us dirt fishers?

I seriously doubt it.

marcomo said:
If we are all completely honest, I think the majority of us would admit the value of what we find is not equal to what we spend on detectors and all the related paraphernalia that goes with this hobby.

That's OK, because this is our hobby and we love it.

If someone tells me the E-Trac is better than the 2500, I'll concede that's very possible.

But is that advantage enough to ever equal the $1,000 difference in cost for most of us dirt fishers?

I seriously doubt it.

I paid $199 for my Ace250. I have found more than the value of the Ace in a days hunt, many times.

Now if I would consider the cost of my time, it would fall short, but then it would be a job. :rofl:

As a hobby, I come out way ahead. I use a program that figures out the today cost of the gold. This duo is worth $237U.S. I found them last year.

[attachment 115829 3-10-08ringchain.jpg]

Oh, yea.

[attachment 115831 ringani1.gif]

Yup - a hobby. One that I enjoy, and there is something I enjoy in each machine I have. And if I go out and find nothing but trash, well at least I know what's or what's not there, but at least I got out. And if have a good time (not getting robbed by grandma) then having a good time is what counts for me. I usually take the dogs with me, we have a good time, even a few times I decided not to pull the detector(s) out because of rain.
Finding something worth keeping is a bonus.
I spend plenty on my other hobbies - because they are hobbies to me.

Actually, if you lived in one of the large cities here in Oz then it would pay for itself in less than a year.
Mick Evans.

marcomo i:v had days were the ace has paid for it self & my detecting money pays for all of my other hobbies. & as far as the price of the etrac for a person who collects old coins it"s a great investment as it excels at finding deep old silver coins in hunted out parks the averaged price for an old silver coin is $20 + at a coin dealer so that would mean if you found 75 old silver coins the detector has payed for it self this is not including any rare ones you find. also the etrac does a great job at the beach it would only take one nice ring to pay for it.
so is it worth the money to the right hunter yes it is but to a tot lot-er or modern coin hunter no.
lazyaussie

That's another way of looking at it Lazy. Funny enough, I hadn't thought about selling the Silver finds. I haven't focused on them; just been too busy chasing the common gold ones.:lol: that's something that I can focus on with both the GTI and the Explorer. Better than chasing nuggets in my books.
Mick Evans.

This is a great post, no one bashing other brands or machines, just normal friendly discussions. I personaly hunt primarily with a Fisher F75 but i did just get an Infinium and cant wait to use it.As far as this hobby goes I think that the best machine is whatever is best for you.If you have an Ace 250 and love it then that is all that matters.Or if you prefer a 2500...great, the main thing is that we enjoy our hobby and we get to meet some great people along the way.

See ya in the field
Van