Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Pinpointer

MSRP $169

Considering that MSRP on a Garrett PP is $149.95, it should retail for a bit less than $169, and could easily be worth the extra $20 over the Garrett.

Well I may eventually buy one, but I got the Garrett Pro pointer for Christmas and it has not disappointed me. However I've been laid up from knee surgery since early January and have not been able to get out any even though the weather in Central Indiana has certainly been mild for this time of year. What a difference a year makes, and no complaints from me! Knee is progressing and will be back out "amongst em" soon.

Tom

The Minelab Pro-Find pinpointer is due out April, 2012. It did not say, is it a VLF or PI.??

One fellow said on YouTube about this new Minelab pinpointer:
"Familiar shape, like the Garrett. Hmmm a PI, VLF or BBS? It's going to be tested against the best. I have tried most of what is available leaving me with 7 pinpointers: 2 Sunray, Garrett Pro Pro Pointer, vibraprobe 460, Detector Pro Pistol Probe and a very old Classic Target Probe. Detector Pro wins the depth test...nothing is even close, but it looks like it's namesake. Hope Minelab gets the quality control right the first time. If it's waterproof with 4" of depth I'm in!"

I also have the Detector Pro Pistol Probe(which is a PI--Pulse Induction) and he is right the depth is truely awesome on it.

The Garrett Pro Pro Pointer is a VLF.

"If it's waterproof with 4" of depth I'm in!" DITTO I'd be all over it