Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Pinpointer

tjhoosier

Does anyone know why Minelab has not produced a pinpointer. It seems from most of the posts that a majority of people are using a pinpointer of some type and it seems unusual to me that Minelab doesn't have one in it's product line. Along with that question, I am not currently using one, but am considering it. Any opinions on what is a good unit? Thanks, Tom

I have a depth master doesn't go very deep.
A lot of the time I get a signal, take out my pinpointer and there it is. No big holes

Don't know why Minelab doesn't sell a pinpointer, but am certain the Garrett Pro-Pointer is the most popular pinpointer in the U.S. Don't leave home without it!

If they made one that was waterproof, had a 3-way switch that could select tone/vibrate/both, w/an LED light, and was at least as sensitive as a Garrett ProPointer, then I would be willing to pay $200 for it.

Until then, or until Sunray makes a pinpointer for the X-Terra, you won't be able to pry my ProPointer away from me.

As stated in earlier posts....Why try to compete in a market that is dominated by Garrett's excellent Garrett Pro? IMHO, nothing that I have tried even comes close to the Garrett Pro. Mine has been thru Hell and back and still works perfectly. In fact, I think it gets better with time.

Why try to compete? That's crazy. Just like old longhair said if they did those features plus waterproof you would be the new guy in town with a better product. Plain and simple. People would flock to it and buy if it stays a quality unit. $200 seems reasonable.

I have the whites 120 bullseye 2 that I got in trade for free pretty much and it barely gets a inch of distance. So DON'T go with the whites. It has button issues and battery terminal issues also. Mines starting to go downhill and it's only been a few months.

I'll buy one as soon as they're available.

A pinpointer is definatly the best accessory you will ever get. It will cut your recovery times by over half.

Preston

I won't buy one without first hearing here on this forum from all these 'EXPERT' detectorist that it outperforms the ProPointer...then I would consider one. Guess this is why we're all still waiting on a DD LF coil. They've been spending all their time developing a new pinpointer!

As for dimes getting smaller: I AGREE!!! I'll only need to find about 2,000 clad dimes to buy a new :minelab:pinpointer (if it cost 200).:rolleyes:

There's a number of circumstances where it could sell:

1. It could be better than Garrett. Waterproof will be a big plus for some but hardly enough for most people.
2. It could be cheaper than Garrett. That will only work if it's just as good as Garrett or close to it.
3. Package deals: "Buy a X-Terra and get a pinpointer with it for only xx extra"

If the performance and price is simular to Garrett I don't think they'll sell many of them. We'll see when it hits the market.