Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lots of Bottles and stuff--Junk?

Hi, I think you need to spend more time trying to locate the privy rather than just digging holes. Try and get yourself a probe and search for the privy like the guys here told you they do. Or do what Ted does. Look for a secondary site, like his on the river bank, and work that for a while. He found more bottles in one day than you will find just guessing. Plus Mom's patience will eventually wear out and you won't be able to dig anymore. Your effort is GREAT, but your location isn't so good. Ask old timers where they used to dump the trash or where they remember finding bottles. Who knows, they may take you to a spot where the bottles are just pouring out. Good luck.

Ok, Im not sure even if i find the privy that my mom will let me dig it out.
so i was thinking of maybe I should look around for a partner to teach me some of the "basics" and get some hands on experience with some other privys before i go and buy a probe. and i was thinking if i found someone in western PA they might even let me barrow their probe.
Oh, i asked my grandma about where she might think the old privy would be and she gave me an idea of where it might be, but she doesn't remember where they used to dumb their old trash.
iv been looking for a secondary site and havent had much luck but im going to keep trying in the mean time.

thanks!

keep plugging but don't dig the one grand mom remembers there will be some nasty stuff in that one:surprised:

I found a few more things near the creek. here are some pics.
this weird thing i think says "C M E T L H I U Convention 1904 St. Louis Mo. and says "THE C PARDEEWORKS" on the back of it.
DUMP001.jpg

this has some words on it but i cant make them out. i found it right next to the other weird thing im pretty sure i broke them apart on accident. they where connected and it was some kind of pin of some sort. (It's upside down.)
DUMP004.jpg

this was exiting for me to dig up, think it's worth anything?
DUMP002.jpg

heres a picture of the back of it, the bottom of it says "LOWELL Bottle Trade Mark MASS"
DUMP003.jpg

another one of these,
DUMP005.jpg

and last, i would say this was a glass but it has a lip like it had a lid.
DUMP006.jpg

Hey, I just got back from my grandmas house. She showed me this metal antique box that she is thinking of selling if it is worth anything.
So I offered to post it around asking what people think of it.
antiquebox005.jpg

inside of the box.
antiquebox007.jpg

with the lid open.
antiquebox006.jpg

these old guitar picks where in it.
antiquebox008.jpg