Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Linda's Dream Day

moose, and griz and mountain lion and goats and trout etc etc etc. No chance in you gettin' board, I reckon.

I wish I could catch these kinds of stringers all year long but I just have trouble locating them in the winter.

I took the big one to the taxidermist today and for a mere $124.00 she'll be on my wall. Now, that's no money...in 'cotton country' for a good memory. It is my first mount of ANY kind--it's that impressive to me. She's 13 ounces off the state record, but it's my heaviest to date, best I can remember. I may have caught on in my youth that size, but we just ate 'em (we had to). There was no 'trophy fishin' at the Garrett household, nosiree bob.

I wish we had those northern perch...the ones with the vertical bands...down here. They must like colder waters.

aj

years ago, 6lb 2oz and it only cost me 62 dollars but that was in 1966. I know that is not a huge bass for you southern folk but it is a big one for Michigan.

Every time I look at it I remember that day

Before the introduction of fish finders etc, that technique was a common practice. However, it only works in open water.

Another way Daddy's generation once fished was in order to find the submerged brush piles, they'd line two or more points up on the bank, then lower a heavy, say 2 oz, weight on a line and find it by feel.

In some ways (not many) the good ole' days are NOW. I LIKES my electronics. :D

aj

Bout the only bass mount I been able to afford is one a them Billy Bass singing fish things! You guys is so lucky to be retired. Me? Well I'm tired and then re-tired!!