Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learning curve!

butch

Disappointing evening with the V3....I was hunting in the coin program getting great VDI's on the V3,85 to 87,great humps on the analyze with the 2.5 blue hump the highest,targets were 6 to 8 inches,all were rusty beer caps!Thought
that it may have something to do with the ground,so I moved to another area and got it all over again.I did
this same area with the DFX last month and came out with several nice silver coins,with the same VDI numbers.The DFX just sputters over the caps,but the V3 gave a real nice solid clear tone.Very con-fussing!

>>great humps on the analyze with the 2.5 blue hump the highest<<

Blue? No GREEN = No Coin

If it were a coin...I think GREEN would be at top.

Jerry

If particular numbers and patterns are producing junk at an area, and you get tired of it, you can use that information to know what not to dig.

I concur !!! if blue is the predominent peak i have found all items dug with blue under 20VDI with a % Vdi of less than 25% to be nothing but trash (bottlecaps, cans etc) some ringpulls have come in at higher readings as high as 48 VDI. for what its worth i have used the coin jewelry prog set on 2.5Mhz only and have had great coin shooting sucess. I am in uk and am fortunate that most of the land i am working at the mo is not to trashy with just small areas that are full of junk. the best results so far have been george third pennies dug down to 10" + with one or two smaller coins being found at good depths. I have been using the standard coil which i have had problems with which whites have now sent me a super 12 to hopefully solve the problems i have been expieriencing. I have now made a couple of new progs which have been working very well based around the hi pro program. I am going onto a known roman site on the weekend with another couple of tecky mates and will give a report on my findings after the weekend.

all the best rob

As I recall the DFX factoryt coin and jewelry program has bottlecap rejection set to 5(?) but factory the V3 program does not. This likely accounts for the different responses to the bottle caps. I am surprised, however, that the 22.5KHz gave the strongest response as this has not been my experience with bottlecaps.

I had this problem when I first started, too. But after putting in some practice (and digging plenty of bottle caps), I am rarely fooled by bottle caps anymore. As already pointed out, having the blue line highest in analyze means it's a bottle cap. If you've got the blue line highest and the red line is right there with it, it's almost certainly a bottle cap. If you've got the green line highest, there's a good chance it's a coin or a piece of silver (sometimes it's a crushed beer can, or a piece of cast aluminum, but the size will usually give those away).

TreasureGuy said:
As I recall the DFX factoryt coin and jewelry program has bottlecap rejection set to 5(?) but factory the V3 program does not. This likely accounts for the different responses to the bottle caps. I am surprised, however, that the 22.5KHz gave the strongest response as this has not been my experience with bottlecaps.

Deep rusty bottle caps peek the 22.5KHz in my area also.

The biggest difference is in the loop. The D2, as all DD loops, loves the screw caps, but the analyze screen tells you right away is is not a coin. You will get better cap rejection with the DFX 950 loop, but then again, you will lose the benefits of the D2. If you have mild mineralization in your area, you might want to try the 950.

butch said:
Problem is,the same numbers also produce the good stuff.

numbers and patterns
Patterns - same colors, same analyze colors, intensity, same audio, response, %, etc etc etc same same same...... not just numbers
looking at all the indicators that are producing the junk for that area.

The dd 10" is sensitive to crown caps . bottle cap reject seems to make me lose too much signal on quarters. analize and pinpoint has predominant 2.5 green on coins. if that does not work for you,-

I use 950 and super12 if I encounter alot of crown caps.

If you have alot of Trash mixed/close to good targets I recomend the eclipse 5.3 coil also.

I just got an Eclipse 5.3 this week, and it is definitely much better among the bottle caps than the stock coil.