Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lake hunt surprise largie and barber

Mark kus

I was out on my local lake Detecting with the manticore and hit one of the islands a swimming area and hit the large cent 1845 which was a big surprise pretty crisp details to then a trip to the upper end to above sandy spot well the first signal was deep 12-14” it was a barber dime 1903 lots of assorted lures clad change no jewelry yet the silver Rosie was from a baseball diamond at local school don’t ever pass up a baseball diamond I’ve done well in the clay area …
The photo of my skiff was the nice sandy area in front of the cottage this lake is either sand mud or all rocks sand is hard to find on it .
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3639.jpeg
    IMG_3639.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3631.jpeg
    IMG_3631.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3632.jpeg
    IMG_3632.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
Nice finds. Nice boat.
What size and motor ?
Do you fish with it ?
Yes I do fish with it thanks it’s a 15’9” stonington skiff I have a 1993 25 evinrude goes about 28 mph very wide dry stable hull I get lots of comments I love the simplicity of it I do a lot of saltwater fishing inshore so it’s perfect for that …

Made here in Stonington Ct in the 1960’s-1980’s
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1533.png
    IMG_1533.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1534.png
    IMG_1534.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
Made here in Stonington Ct in the 1960’s-1980’s
Mark
I have an old 17' 1958 Lonestar with original 35 evenrude on it.
Motor locked up from sitting .
Been parked a few years.
Have to replace windshield and frame.
Know where I can get parts ?
Points, condenser and fuel pump.
Pretty sure I can get the motor free without problems.

I'd try Ebay look for NOS parts
Mark

I was out on my local lake Detecting with the manticore and hit one of the islands a swimming area and hit the large cent 1845 which was a big surprise pretty crisp details to then a trip to the upper end to above sandy spot well the first signal was deep 12-14” it was a barber dime 1903 lots of assorted lures clad change no jewelry yet the silver Rosie was from a baseball diamond at local school don’t ever pass up a baseball diamond I’ve done well in the clay area …
The photo of my skiff was the nice sandy area in front of the cottage this lake is either sand mud or all rocks sand is hard to find on it .
Mark
Nice one!

Water fishing and dirt fishing! The best of both worlds. Congrats on the largie!

Ray