Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a reminder - Pro 6:16 These six Jehovah hates; yea, seven are hateful to his soul:

marcoo

Pro 6:17 a proud look(who does this sound like?), a lying tongue (who does this sound like?), hands that shed innocent blood (who does this sound like?), a heart that plots wicked plans (who does this sound like?), feet hurrying to run to evil (who does this sound like?), a false witness who speaks lies (who does this sound like?), and he who causes fighting among brothers (who does this sound like?).

There seems to be some confusion in Pop Christianity today regarding right and wrong. People doing the above are NOT "Godly" no matter what they or those profiting off of God say. Jesus tells us "don't be deceived. Many will come in my name, you will know them by their fruit". Do you think Jesus would be flying around in private church owned corporate jets with such poverty as exists in say New Orleans or other parts of the world? These are the same people calling people who do the things God hates "godly" and encouraging the unlearned and misguided to follow wrong teaching causing the destruction of their soul. 2 Peter 3:15-18 So much for being saved by your faith especially when fear is the stronger emotion.

You can pray all you want to find gold, diamonds and the best coins or for each other, but if you are not following the teachings of Jesus and following the traditions and teachings of man instead, Jesus tells us your prayers will go unheard. Jesus offers you the gift of everlasting life in peace or, if you choose to ignore His teachings as detailed in the New Testament an everlasting life in torment.

That's where free choice comes into play. Do you choose to rely on someone telling you "these are the teachings of the Christ" or do you choose to actually read the words yourself.

Are you missing the joy of the Lord? Perhaps you are following wrong teaching. Ask yourself "Is the Christian right really right? Is my Pastor right?" Light is right, not might. Might is the tool of the evil one. Many people and actions are being called "Christian" today which are actually the very things God hates. If you support people who do these things and call them "Godly" you stand against God, not with Him. Discover the truth for yourself in the New Testament and conform your thoughts and actions to the thoughts and actions of Jesus. You'll find His teachings quite different from Pop Christianity.

You're invited to experience the joy of the Lord. Don't be confused or deceived. The enemy of your soul is crafty as a fox. Knowledge is power. Put on the armor of God and live. Follow the traditions and teachings of man and you'll wish you could die. The choice is yours.

May God bless you with the light of the truth in Jesus.

HH

all too many are now following the teachings of man and his interpretations.

Dave

Yes we should be searching the word every day, and learning ourselves instead of just listening to others. God bless! :)

we would be eliminating the words God put into Pauls heart and mind. I agree that we should always check to make sure that a pastors(or other teachers) words align with Gods word. But, dont be to heavy handed in discounting what God puts in peoples hearts, or we would be discounting what you say just because you are human and said it.

J.

ps. Anyone you had in mind when you were saying "(who does this sound like)"?

..I can tell you all -from personal experience...of being on the right road...my"running to evil" was playing in the bars,carousing in them;and everything else that goes along with it...It is a VERY popular pastime-A LOT of people do it...There is a man at work that was bugging me to go to a bar on Thursday nite,to do karaoke...The thought of going into a bar-ESPECIALLY at night,like I used to do in times past-sounded a warning bell deep inside my mind...I am a member of church council where I attend church;and,I feel that church council members must hold themselves to a higher standard of conduct when they hold such a position of importance...I told the man no thanks..I did that too much in the past-dont want to start it again...He kept trying to talk me into it-"All you have to do is stay for an hour"......1 hour too much,possibly...:unsure:Charles Stanley once said if you are being gfuided by the Spirit,you will know from your conscience whether you are on the right path,or the wrong one...I now do all my partying with my wife ;-THE RIGHT PATH...

Church elders that could take a lesson from you. Having said that, I asure you that I'm no saint, "just an old sinner saved by Grace"

God Bless and keep you strong!

Dave

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds_config.pl?read=81504

I listen to this all day at work and figured it was what you were really getting at.

J.

ask and search the Word of God for themself with God's Holy Spirit leading in to what is true and what is not! The Word is true for God cannot lie! We can hear others preach or teach the word but we need to confirm that with the Biblical Scriptures and God's Spirit!

May our Lord and Savior bless you and keep you in His loving care always! Keep on, keepin' on for Jesus, as He is the way, the truth and the life for everlasting life in His presence forever!

God Bless!
Betty

the other canidate running against Pres. Bush or have Clinton or even his Mrs. in or back in office need to pray and ask God for His understanding as they sure don't have any! I voted for Bush (whether he can force his faith upon others is unlikely and does the best he can under the Constitution and laws of the land) and have never regreted it!

Cutting taxes for the people is the best thing to do and increasing the minimum wages would help a lot, as it helps the economy by our ability to buy more, which means more production and many other ways to help along the way! All both parties do is spend, spend, and spend some more money which is not theirs to spend ( with plenty of Govt fraud) !! But our Nation is the best in the world or why would people do everything they can possibly do (risking their lives and even spending their all) to get to America??

I praise God for a Christian Pres. (he does say the name of Jesus, who saved him, without any shame) and how could a person who commits perverted sex, adultery and lying like our past pres. be a Christian and be allowed to even take Communion of a Religious Faith he doesn't even belong to? If fingers are being pointed than let us point in the direction we should! (As you can see this is a hot topic for this mom, grandmother & great-grandmother!) My two cents worth on politics, take it or leave it!!!!!!

God Bless!
Betty

Didnt mean to stir you up. Its funny though, when I read Marks post, from the first words, I knew where it was goin'. I believe much of what he says is true (follow the words and teachings of Jesus, not your pastors words and teachings), but I think that the purpose of the post by Mark(marcoo) was to point out that conservative religious people are sheep that are being led astray. Mark is certainly entitled to his opinion, but I dont think that it is appropriate to denegrate others beliefs or professions, just because you disagree with their politics. I attend church with a young man that is about as anti-war as you possibly can be. I disagree with him about as much as a person can, but I still love him as a brother in Christ. If Mark is a brother in Christ, I embrace him as a brother too, I just dont agree with his politics.

can be religious but not a Christian and of course there are those on both sides of the Govt fence and beliefs! I think me redheaded Irish rose up ....and that is what has gotten me in trouble too many times before, but I will defend Jesus and never be ashamed of speaking His name, for He is above all and He is ALL! The truth must be known and will be revealed through the Light of our Savior, Jesus Christ! Thanks & God Bless!

Betty

Ya know what-THAT wxplains me to a "T"...I am no better than people that should know better ...I believe the LORD has made me keenly aware of my areas of temptations-and my limitations,AND the ability to see a potential falling-on-my face-Got TOO much to lose by going down THAT road...:unsure:

but it is the fruit of their actions which determines whether they are or are not following the teachings of Jesus.

When the disciples of John the Baptist came and asked Jesus if he was the one, Jesus didn't answer "sure I'm the one, didn't I tell you? Are you fools not to see it?" No, (Mat 11:4) "Jesus answered and said to them, Go and tell John again those things which you hear and see: the blind receive their sight, and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear; the dead are raised, and the poor have the gospel proclaimed to them."

These are the actions foretold in the Old Testament which were placed there previous to the birth of Jesus so that people would be able to discern the "Christ" from deceivers. And this is how Jesus tells us we can discern true followers from deceivers today; by their actions.

During the period when the Old Testament was in effect, people needed written instructions of right and wrong which were detailed in the Ten Commandments. From the time of John the Baptist, those same ten commandments have been written in our hearts and everyone knows deep inside right from wrong and will be judged on their actions/fruit.

Isn't it interesting that you and many others jump to the conclusion that "who does this sound like" is President Bush?

I didn't write that name in my post. Nor did I make a reference to any names. I could have been talking about myself or you or other readers. None are without sin, but the first thing you do is defend President Bush.

Do his actions speak louder than his words which is why you think "W" is who I was referring to and if so, why do you defend such actions. Let's talk about that a bit.

Six years we've had to see the fruit of the Bush Presidency. There is no more he said, she said confusion. The jury is in. Facts of history are just that; facts of history. Regarding the first tax cuts. Were the poor helped or did the wealthy and corporations benefit? The jury is in. After six years has "W" raised the minimum wage to improve the lives of those who have the least or did "W" oppose it saying business would be hurt? The jury is in. Has "W" been truthful in all things? The jury is in. How many innocent people died as a result? The jury is in and still counting. When we were attacked, did the Bush Administration respond in the way Jesus teaches (turn the other cheek) or did "W" respond in some other way? The jury is in which is why many of you might have assumed "who does this sound like" could be President Bush. The answers to these questions are written in history.

I have to admit I'm confused how torture works with in with the basic premise of Christianity "do on to others as you would have them do on to you" and I've often wondered if our nation truthfully acted along the lines of the teachings of Christ why there would be any reason people would sacrifice their lives to harm a country which has the attributes as described in Gal 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control".

Regarding the $70 billion in tax cuts just passed by the republican controlled government of the United States. Were the poor helped or did the wealthy benefit? How many of YOU have disposable income that you can invest to benefit from the reduced capitol gains tax rate that diverts $70 billion in revenue from the war on terrorism?

Will those earning minimum wage benefit? I think not as it now costs them about a half hour of work to put a single gallon of gas in their car. How "Christian" is that? It isn't. Let's review Acts 4:34-35 "For neither was anyone needy among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the prices of the things that were sold, and they laid them down at the apostles' feet. And distribution was made to every man according as he had need."

These are the things you need to ask yourself. I've asked these questions myself which is why I posted the post in the first place to remind us that the enemy of our soul is a sly fox and unless we read the Word ourselves contained in the New testament, we can lose the gift offered by the grace of God through Jesus. Those who tell you you are "saved by your faith" are mistaken and leading many to ruin.

One of the teachings of Jesus so often overlooked is the one "those without sin cast the first stone". Betty you make reference to the mistake of President Clinton lying about his adultry with a consenting adult. How many have died because Clinton lied? And he was impeached for what?

You ask "how could a person who commits perverted sex, adultery and lying like our past pres. be a Christian and be allowed to even take Communion of a Religious Faith he doesn't even belong to?" The answer is everyone is welcome and all must stand before Jesus and explain their actions. Are you, Betty, ready to cast the first stone?

Perhaps we need to review Romans 2:1-9

Rom 2:1 Therefore you are without excuse, O man, everyone who judges; for in that in which you judge another, you condemn yourself, for you who judge do the same things.

Note the part where it says "you condemn yourself" then the word of God goes on to say...

Rom 2:2 But know that the judgment of God is according to truth on those who practice such things.
Rom 2:3 And, O man, the one judging those who do such things, and practice them, do you think this, that you shall escape the judgment of God?
Rom 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, and the forbearance and long-suffering, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But according to your hardness and your impenitent heart, do you treasure up wrath for yourself in a day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
Rom 2:6 who will render to each according to his works;

Notice "each according to his works"

Rom 2:7 indeed to those who with patience in good work are seeking for glory, and honor, and incorruptibility, everlasting life.
Rom 2:8 But to those who indeed disobeying the truth out of self-seeking, and obeying unrighteousness, will be anger and wrath,
Rom 2:9 tribulation and anguish upon every soul of man who has worked out evil; of the Jew first, and also of the Greek (that's us).

I've never mastered the walking on water thing myself either, so I'm not ready to cast the first stone in my glass house.

Further, what are you doing involving yourself in politics Betty? This is an excellent example of wrong teaching which causes people to follow the traditions of man instead of the teachings of Jesus. You don't want to do that. Involvement in issues of the world is the very thing which can keep us from the salvation offered through Jesus Christ according to not one, but many, many, references in the New Testament. Mat 13:22 makes the point.

Well, there you have it. Follow the teachings.

2Co 13:5 "examine yourselves, whether you are in the faith, prove your own selves. Do you not know your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are reprobates? But I trust that you will know that we are not reprobates. But I pray to God for you not to do evil, none. And not that we may appear approved, but that you should do the good things, though we are deemed to be reprobates.
2Co 13:8 For we have no power against the truth, but for the truth.
2Co 13:9 For we are glad when we are weak, and you are powerful. But we pray also for this, your perfection.

2Co 13:11 Finally, brothers, rejoice. Perfect yourselves; encourage yourselves; mind the same thing; be at peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

2Co 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

:unsure:YA KNOW WHAT,BETTY...That old life still has a way of calling me...I REALLY enjoyed being noticed for playing guitar and singing-It might be that,because I am older now,its just not that important...:lol:

The reason I assumed you were talking about Bush was the fact that I hear the same venom dripping from my co-workers voices as I saw dripping from your words. Its easy to see through some intentions. But hey, I dont condemn you, so we'll leave it as that.

J.