Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jewelry rings and things

RogerN

After a couple of weeks, I'm growing more confident with the coins findings and am wanting to start digging for rings and jewelry. Do you have any tips on the response of actual jewlery versus a wad of foil or other trash? Such as VDI, Tone, or response on analyze mode?

Thank you guys a bunch! You are responsible for my success so far!

RogerN

Have the wife put down a few targets for you to test! You might put down some foil also.

You will find...that it is a dig ALL targets when looking for gold :-(

Jerry

I'm still looking for that edge, but haven't found it yet. Some days I dig it all and some days I skip the numbers for my predominate tabs. Rob

I may have passed up some good targets today due to this. But I'd have gone crazy digging everything. On average had 3 targets per swing....

If it

I'm not sure how much trash you have to dig for a $210 gold ring, but I'd have to dig 840 quarters, so maybe it would be worth digging lots of trash for $210 worth of gold! I'd probably have to dig some 2000 holes counting trash, dimes, pennies, nickles, and quarters before coming up with $210 worth of clad.

So far I've been concentrating on coins and my digging coin to trash ratio has improved greatly, I was hoping that could be done with jewelry too!

So how does the carat thing work with gold? Or how much Gold is in, for example, 10 grams of 10 carat gold versus 10 grams of 14 carat gold, etc... ?

RogerN

http://www.goldprice.org/buying-gold/2006/03/all-about-gold-carats.html

>>22 carat is 916.6 fine
18 carat is 750 fine
14 carat is 585 fine
9 carat is 375 fine<<

Jerry

Here is a site that can give you up to date price and conversions right on line.

http://gold.yabz.com/jewelry.htm

Surprisingly I'm not really digging all that many more holes then if I wasn't looking for jewelry. Like I said a "good repeatable sold signal", pinpointing then analyzing and a gut feeling to dig is working for me.