Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's story time. Got one to share????

I took a trip on my motorcycle for an over night camping trip to check out my new trailer and see how things went. I plan on doing some major touring/camping next year. I went to Lake Roosevelt 60 miles away which is a Federal Lands lake. NO DETECTORS!!! When I got there I started to unpack my bike and trailer. Sitting on the picnic table was something we look for all the time......(See attached). That was a fun find. 14k earring.............

So the question is.........What have you found while out and about, didn't have your detector with you, wish you had of but found something that you know you would have with your detector if you had of brought it along? Course the whole thing here is that what you found was in plain view. Not something you would have dug for.........And sitting on the picnic table I would have never found with my detector.......ehehehe....

I have many more finds on this subject (I'm sure you do too). My $5.00 bill find was a good one.........:surprised:

Man, that is a neat setup! My favorite was going to a school for a few minutes-I only had about an hour before work. Walking to the playground where the swings, etc. were I looked down to turn on my detector. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted 2-$20 bills folded and laying on the ground. I quickly turned off the detector, picked up the cash, and went to work -at a leisurely pace.:clapping:

I found a silver ring with 20-30 CZstones in it in a car park last week. i was going detecting later that day so was thinking about all the silver & gold i"d find then saw the ring just sitting there i thought no way picked it up & spy-ed the 925 mark unfortunately it had been run over by a car but silver is silver !!! sweet. it"s funny 100 or so people would have walked past this ring but none saw it it was obviously meant for me & no i didn"t find treasure only $$$ on the hunt later that day.
lazyaussie

[attachment 105832 2008_02072coins080120.JPG]Heres the pic of the ring & counted the stones it"s got 50 CZs.

I was detecting at the beach a few weeks ago and had a good scare.
I glance up once in a while to see if anyone is around On the beach its wide open to the lake with a few trees behind separating a meadow then the forest.
As I glanced up in the camping meadow I saw through the rows of trees looked like at first glance someone standing up looking my way.
I thought to myself how come I didn't see this before.and how did they sneak up like that.
What the %@() that not a person but a black bear standing up not less that 30 feet looking at me.:yikes:
Not only that but two big cubs at her feet.:surprised:
With the hair standing up in my neck I thought what do I do now .with only the detector and sand scoop as protection.
Dropped those and grabbed a bunch of rocks of apple sized and started yelling and throwing them at the bears.
Next thing I heared a yelp and the two cubs headed for the forest at full gallop with the mother bear in pursuit.
I promptly left and reported it to the park people and asked them if anyone had reported this before they said I was the first one to do so.
I didn't have the camera with me at the time and and did not record this incident.
Its a good thing I wasn't in between the cubs and the mother other wise up the tree or in the water would have been my escape.
Still think of this once in a while with chills up my spine.

Joel-Winnipeg said:
Its a good thing I wasn't in between the cubs and the mother other wise up the tree or in the water would have been my escape.
:rofl: Better re-think your strategy. Bears can swim and climb tree's good. I think they were just curious and would have left you alone.

I WAS HUNTING ONE DAY ,AND I WAS APPROACHED BY A LITTLE BOY. THE LITTLE BOY ASK ME WHAT I WAS DOING? I TOLD HIM I WAS HUNTING FOR COINS. THE LITTLE BOY SAID WHY? I TOLD HIM IT WAS MY HOBBY .
THE LITTLE BOY SAID WHO IS PAYING YOU? I TOLD HIM NO ONE .
THE LITTLE BOY SAID WELL I WOULD NOT BE DOING IT THEN.
THIS HAPPEN MANY YEARS AGO BUT,I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT LITTLE BOY.

DEEPSEEKER442-- TONY

Grab one of the cubs and momma won't touch you as long as you have hold of the cub. Bears are curious which is why they were looking at you.

Bill

Yeah trees are a no no. Black bears are excellent tree climbers and you can't out run one as they can run down a horse.

Bill.

My best brush with serendipity, cash-wise, was a pair of Benjamins, folded, on the sidewalk as I was returning to my car. The meter still had 17 minutes on it, so I gave the Previous Owner that long to reveal himself by anxiously scanning the sidewalk. None did, so I left. Next best was a folded Grant spied from my car driving out of a McD's parking area. Didn't wait around that time. I'm a long time ground-scanner but so far have found no surface gold bigger than an earring.

I've stumbled into cash, but nothing large enough to really be memorable..
That's a cool rig you got though. Both the bike/trailer, and you have a lot
of "stuff" for hauling it all on the bike.
I camp quite a bit. These days usually up at my place in Oklahoma.
I have 5 acres there near the lake, and it's kind of like my private park
so to speak.. I don't have anything built there yet. It's very isolated and
no one is near me so far. I use it to just go kick back and melt the
cheeze that builds up from living in cement Houston.. :razz:
I like that grill they have there. I'd like to plant me one of those at my
place. Looks like the top of a 55 gal drum cut off, with a swinging
grill setup welded to it.
Good cooking grill, but also big enough to build a camp fire in.
With that, less worry of embers, etc spreading out and catching grass
on fire vs just building a camp fire on bare ground.
I also want to get me a picnic table.. I can't decide whether to build one,
or buy one of those folding portable jobs, which I could use anywhere.
But I wouldn't mind a permanent wood picnic table to just leave up there.
Less to carry every time I drive up there.
I've had to buy a lot of new gear lately.. Got a new coleman lantern, and a
single burner stove, both which are "dual fuel". I prefer to run unleaded gas
cuz I can get it anywhere nearly. It's a bit cheaper than propane also..
I picked up a solar panel kit about 3 weeks ago. It got some use after
the hurricane until I got a generator going. "Our power was out 12 days".
It has three panels, 15 watts apiece, for a total of 45 watts. You can run
one, two, or all three panels depending how much current you need.
With bright sun, I get about 1 amp per panel, for a total of about 3 amps
charge. What is nifty is the voltage controller has various voltage outputs.
Two 12v, a 9v, 6v, and a 3v. it even has a 5 volt USB looking connector..
Not sure what I'd run off that yet. Came with two 5w fluorescent lights
which are real handy, and draw low current. They are about the same as
a "home" type bulb, except they run off 12v.
I have an inverter, so I can be out in the sticks and watch TV, DVD player,
lights, etc, and be able to get some free charging in the daytime. I also run my
ham radio off 12v.
The rest I make up for with the car charging, or a generator depending what
I have.

I was raking leaves in front of my house. Something gold and shinny caught my eye. Looked closer and it was a gold ring with four nice diamonds in it. I almost broke a leg running to the house to show my wife. She was inpressed, said I should call my daughter because she was always asking me what I've found lately. She was very happy because she said it was hers. She lost it a few days before while loading our grandaughter into the car seat but wasn't exactly sure where.
Al

bloodyknees said:
I was raking leaves in front of my house. Something gold and shinny caught my eye. Looked closer and it was a gold ring with four nice diamonds in it. I almost broke a leg running to the house to show my wife. She was inpressed, said I should call my daughter because she was always asking me what I've found lately. She was very happy because she said it was hers. She lost it a few days before while loading our grandaughter into the car seat but wasn't exactly sure where.
Al

Great find. I sure hope you didn't show it to BEFORE she said it was hers........:surprised:

I once found an entire six pack of beer, unopened, while out detecting. I thanked the detecting gods for my good fortune - and drank them all. Then I fell asleep on a park bench, and then fell off the bench.
I had a knot on my head for week when I hit it falling to the ground.

dahut said:
I once found an entire six pack of beer, unopened, while out detecting. I thanked the detecting gods for my good fortune - and drank them all. Then I fell asleep on a park bench, and then fell off the bench.
I had a knot on my head for week when I hit it falling to the ground.

I would have helped you drink it.....:beers:. Sounds to me like you need to drink more. One six pack shouldn't do a person in...:buds: