Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It was a historical find day today...

Micheal_R

Staff member
The sun was shining, the lake is dropping... the cabin is 99% finished..

Decided to take an afternoon off and go for a walk/detect today. The lake was like a mirror, saw a couple of eagles; so it looks as though our long lost spring may arrive. :):

[attachment 120787 str.-rossland-004.jpg]

[attachment 120788 rossland334.jpg]

The silver coins [a 1918 quarter, a 1944 merc and a 1952 dime] were all eyeballed. the silver watch back with engraving was only an inch or so down. But the best find is the stateroom key holder from the SS Rossland, a paddle wheeler on the Arrow Lakes for many years. I have not even seen one of these before. In fact, neither has anyone else.

[attachment 120789 rossland358.jpg]

There is a lot of history in this brass tag.

Calm seas

Mikie

I sure envy you your areas to hunt. And the beauty to go with it:thumbup:

beaches alot. Here they were used for the baskets left in the Bath house with your belongings in it , while swimming. Great find!!:thumbup:

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

paddle wheel vessel? That was and interesting time for sure... That stateroom key holder is quite a connection to history. Great find.
I like readnig about the steamer vessels. I had the privillage of working on the last of the steam driven barges with A frame lifting device on it out of New York Port Athority. We set a big barge, flyash unloader for a trash to energy plant. 450 ton unit that came in pieces from Sweden. Fun job. Got to take my wife and kids on it and Andy got to pull all the levers at the sounds of the bells etc. Once we where done with it it was going back to NY and they were getting a new one that was diesel electric.... The guys had been on it and made soem really famous picks. Much of it is on the internet with pictures available....

Once again, I see your paddle wheel ship and the mountains and that really presents a beautiful picture. I like the mountain shots of them running right into a deep water port. Thats not in this area that I'm aware of, at least not on the ocean.... I can just hear the paddle wheel hitting the water and the steam whistle.....

Thanks for post. Your in paradise as far as I'm concerned..

George-CT

Glad you got some weather for it, ours has gotten a bunch better and snow nearly all gone today!:clapping:

But you know, I have seen the pictures that you post. That is a spectacular area and anyone would be lucky to live there too.

As to the ship. ... as is the case in all ships... she outlived her usefullness and was broken up. She was sunk in the lake up here.. Unfortunately, the sunk her in one of the deepest points.. over 900 feet deep.But at least I do have a memento. :):

fair winds, my friend

Mikie

n/t