Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It is slowly coming along...

n/t

I wish you guys many happy years in it. Will you be running power to it, or using gas lamps? We actually were working here on doing it with gas, methane in a 275 gallon slurry tank and storing it in at large rubber truck tube to pressurize it and then feed it to the lighting and refrigerator. My wind power deal was what town zoning had a problem with her. So that wanted me to bring in power lines anyhow. Didn't make sense to me, so I dropped that idea and sold the DC windmill to a guy in Maine on and Island. We were kind of forced into the place we have just by all the things that were not normal to zoning so they made lots of hurdles until you gave up or you were to old to remember what you were doing.

Do you keep heat going in it in the winter to keep the dampness out of it? Here any unheated building don't last long with no heat inside inside.... Wood back east here is no longer cheap or even reasonable at this point. This house I'm in I did get a good deal on wood.
Mt Saint Helens had exploded and they had all that wood on the ground. A company about 3 miles from was storing it for Georgia Pacific and had tons of No 1 douglas fir you could pick threw at rock bottom houses. So my wife and I would go down there every other day and get get our wood. Now it would be triple to frame out this place.....

again, nice place, can't want to see it all done up...... Take care...............Geo-CT