Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It is slowly coming along...

Micheal_R

Staff member
Been concentrating on this years project. Of course, this is beyond my abilities so i have been helping out where i can... but all in all, it is starting to take shape.

[attachment 92695 cabin-001.jpg]

[attachment 92696 cabin-002.jpg]

[attachment 92697 cabin-003.jpg]

[attachment 92698 cabin-004.jpg]

[attachment 92701 cabin-006.jpg]

There are a couple of shots of the river from the cabin and a view down the fields looking south through what will be the french doors.

Calm seas

Mikie

it will so worth it. Then when sorry riff raff come to stay, like Willy or Royal, you can kick them out of the house! :rofl:

especially building the cabin where you have a view of the river. That is going to be a beautiful cabin when completed. Can a bear get through that door? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Did you run those logs through a bandsaw? Very attractive and functional, when are you going to put up the dike?;)

is it crawl space foundation or basement?looks like the windows are set up higher,is that for privacy or because of big critters:)?

n/t

n/t

If we had no problems this year, we are not likely to. The river got really high this year but no where near the cabin.

fair winds

Mikie

n/t

n/t

n/t

or are you putting the same on the inside as the outside. Look like planed logs. I see a few log type homes in this area. Pretty sure most come from the Minnesota. Looking at the wiring in the walls it looks like its the type that you drill them as you go and thread the wiring as they go up. Looks like its really tight in the joints also. We actually were going to do a log cabin type, more post and beam actually, but we had applied for the building permit and I went ahead and poured the concrete basement. Come spring, I went down again to zoning, and they had changed the building permits for log cabins or at least mine as it was a two story. They would only let me build a one story on 8 inch concrete walls. 2 story had been changed to 10 inch walls. Weight was their concern. After playing with zoning for awhile we just gave up and found a stick build building that fit our basement and went with that. So now we live in a country contemporary. We went with the big windows also as we like looking out side and bringing in all the woods and light we can.

Being able to view the river and wildlife will be fantastic. Just seeing your pictures from there and having googled earthed it that has to be a really beautiful spot for the cabin. You keep building this nice cabins and additions and you will have Findmall Resorts up there...LOL.... Are you going to clear coat it inside and out or leave it natural. Really beautiful woods you have there in that next to last picture. Perfect setting. Are you going to do similiar on the roof with the wood planking? I see some where the make it a sandwich type panel with wood finish, insulation and then the roofing....

Your killing me here. My wife is looking at it saying build me one down by the brook and barn..... Very nice job. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Geo-CT Oh yeah, can you cast from that window into the river and catch a fresh trout or salmon? Beautiful spot.....

docs today when you and Alice called. I will try and call you back tomorrow. We have a metal roof now, so our cell phones do not work well in the house, and our hard wired phone has really back static on it. The phone company should be here this week. Sorry I missed you! :)

Scott thought I was lying to him about no "cell" service!! Also, Mikie, you need to put in your brochure "Deer Hunting From the Hot Tub"! :lol:

n/t

The logs are a full 6 inches wide. No insulation and no finishing.... other than the clear stain. They are made of bug killed pine. We currently have about 14,000,000 logging truckloads in this province [standing] ready to be harvested. So there is a pretty good deal on them right now. And the blue stains in the wood look pretty spectacular too.

We are drilling as we go up and then fishing the electrical wire up through that hole.

When it is finished, there will be all manner of deer, moose, geese, etc right at the front door. And of course, the river right there to revel in.

Calm seas

Mikie

n/t

n/t