Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is Whites out sourcing their coil mfg now?

Mike Hillis

I finally made it over to my local Whites dealer yesterday. Mama's Minerals. They have all the Whites detectors hanging there on the wall. So I'm there looking at the two box unit, and the prizms, a couple of classics, the BHID (in the desert), a QXT, a couple of rental units, the M6, the XLT, the MXT, the MXT 300, the DFX, the DFX 300, all of the current models, including the industrials. Then there on the end is the Vision. The cheap looking 10" DD coil on the Vision stuck out like a sore thumb. It didn't match the normal build quality of the rest of the coils at all. What made it even more noticable was that it was right next to the DFX 300. I took it down and checked it out and it even felt cheap. I've never seen this type of mfg on any other metal detector coil. It had the appearance of a home made job. Which leads to my question. Is it a home made job in somebody's garage? Is Whites going to make the coil themselves someday and I'll see the familar Whites coil quality? Cause I'm telling you, it did not look like a Whites coil. It didn't feel like a Whites coil. Turned me right off. The DFX looked like the real detector it is next to it.

Am I the only one that noticed this?

Mike

I have no idea where you can say that the D2 10" is cheaply made. If you have seen the work and engineering that goes into just the making of that coil , you'd appreciate it as light weight and well made. I'm looking at most of the coils put out by Whites right now and ...what exactly are you seeing? Ridiculious perspective.... if your seeing what I am.

Whites doesn't outsource their coils.

I had to look again at my V3's D2 coil just to see what could possibly warrant such a comment. I just don't see it. Looks like a well made coil to me.

I also like to use the concentric cause I get alot less EMI interference too, the DD seems to pretty hot around the city.

Same with me, I really like the DD coil, I know its different from any other Whites coil, it never struck me as cheaply made. I have never had a problem with it although I am now using my 950 coil more lately because I do not have a problem with mineralization where I live.

Just a way to--->Start a rumor. Bash a coil=Bash Whites

Jerry

I agree with most comments on here. I also think the 10DD is a well made coil, lighweight and it works !!!

I'm sure the D2 is "home grown" Mike.

Not bashing, just asking :shrug: First time I saw it and I wasn't expecting to see what I saw. Let me go to the Whites website and see if they look the same.
HH
Mike

well if it home made I hope they come out with a 12" if I can hit a quarter at 16" with the 10dd I should hit one with the 12" at two feet all I say made all you can WHITE

'

I have seen alot of coils in my time.

Whites coils have been the best build coils all that time. After 2000 it seems that quality dropped on several coils and manufacturers but not Whites. Still the same quality and balance.

I dont want a coil that have been stripped of protective layers to save weight on the spec sheet or hastily made in china with brittle plastics.

Whites seem to keep the good quality and still priced reasonably.

I think this perspective is coming from the textured finish and lack of graphics (because there is no room for them). It never stuck me as cheap looking though. I think it's the best looking coil whites makes.

The only coil I like better is the "pro coil" on my ET. I also have the 5.3 concentric and the 4x6 DD. My fav on the V3 is still the D2, followed by the 4x6 then the 5.3, I cannot seem to warm up to the concentric coils, this is the only concentric i've ever used. I have one for my Tejon but I never used it.

I can see no problem with build quality on the D2. It is light and works well for me. It does the "wiggle" better than the coils that started the wiggle teqni.. teckn... um, method.

J

I cant belive whites made all the 10DD SO cheep .ILL tell you what ill do ill buy a few of the cheep made coils,You know just to have...:lol:

I guess its just the way its displayed. Racerx states it pretty well. The textured finish of the D2 coil there next to the 950s and the 12" 300 coil make it stand out and look different. :shrug:

HH
Mike