Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is Satan having fun here or what?

Im not the one causing divsions its the teachers who have introduced this garbage into our faith NOTICE what Paul penned about these types of people.Rom 16:17 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles CONTRARY to the DOCTRINE that you have been taught; avoid them.
Rom 16:18 For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their OWN appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. ) ALL these rich t.v preachers who decieve the NAIVE and line their pockets with little old ladies social security checks . The first defense you will here is it takes alot of money for them to run THEIR ministry and it does it also takes alot to finance that 20 million dollar jet and 10 million dollar house and 30 thousand dollar watch and 5000 dollar suit their wearing and of course they give a little to the poor every good deception has a little truth in it. Ive been accused of plucking scripture and only two times has someone given text to back up what their saying (one of the text didnt even apply to the discussion) and I know why because there are none for what their saying.If you or anyone else chooses to live in error because you refuse to change a belief when shown evidence from the bible not just modern day philosopy then thats your right. Alot of our brothers and sisters have been eating this candy coated gospel for so long that when they here the truth quoted from the bible it cuts them so deep they dont want to hear it. One example is this women teacher ,preacher over men subject the bible is very clear on this and no one can give a text that shows a woman had a authority position over a man in the church in the new testament church. SHOW ONE TEXT that shows a women having an authority position over men in the organized church and I will leave this christian forum . You say what does it hurt if a woman teachs or preachs over a man in church .Alot it is not Gods natural order and this is one of the places were satan has crept in to the church and is decieving the flock. If the bible says they are not to be over men why are they? Where does it end one by one Gods decrees fall weve got churchs ordaining GAY preachers now, we have have churchs throwing the bible out my good friend went to preach at a church and they didnt want him to use the bible where does it stop? You say that this isnt the place to talk about this kind of stuff ,this is a christian forum right ? brothers and sisters are on here right? You want to potray to unbelievers that we dont have problems amongest ourselves thats kinda like deception and if they ever pick the bible up their gonna know theres been problems from the begining when they read the text and see the divisions in the early church too. What amazes me is an unbeliever can watch the crooks on t.v and recognize them for what they are and many who are believers have no spiritual discernment to see that alot of them are just serving their own appetites. Much like the pharisees of Jesus day. Seems like alot on here think the faith is about acting like there are no problems and everyone gets along and we are all together and its simply just not true. Im not againest women helping in the church or witnessing what I am againest is the woman being over the man because it violates Gods word . Here are the books with the instructions on how to govern Gods house 1TIM, 2TIM, TITUS, one verse that shows a women with a position over a man IN THE ORGANIZED CHURCH and I will leave. TEACHER ,PREACHER, OVERSEER. It never ends Mike once you compromise its all downhill from there their will be people on here arguing for gay preachers and unisex bathrooms where transgender people can go in with our kids Watch what I tell you. the episcopalions are already ordaining gays. My Brother please just think about what your saying dont rock the boat for the sake of unity no biblical writer did that and actually we are commanded to do just the opposite. If everybody takes that train of thinking WHERE WILL OUR FAITH BE IN TEN MORE YEARS? WILL WE HAVE UNISEX BATHROOMS FOR THE TRANSGENDER IN OUR CHURCHS? I saw a program the other night about little kids being transgender and their parents cross dressing them how long before that comes to our local churchs. It all starts with the one compromise and the rest falls like dominos. HOW will the unbeliever now right from wrong unless we who have searched the matter out tell them? most christians dont even know because they have lived on milk all their lives.
2Co 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
DECEPTION ITS EVERYWHERE TODAY ONE OF THE BIGGEST ONES IS WE ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND WHEN YOU DO PEOPLE CLAIM YOU ARE WORKING FOR SATAN REALLY? REMEMBER its not me who cause the divisions its the false teachers!

...I haven't heard you say anything about preaching in love......nothing wrong about preaching harshly but do it in love....I see no love in your arguments...and that is what they are...only arguments!! Why did you pick on this small forum?? If you really want to preach go to the masses....this is just a small group of Believers who want to love Jesus and share what He has done for each other...we do not come here to cause disruptions!! Sorry all I see is a bunch of legalism...are you truly Born-Again?? Repent and God will use you in a mighty way!!

Hey Mike, I hope you are well my brother :) I have not been out here in months due to business travel but I would like to commend you for challenging everyone to consider their posts. After viewing years of discussions out here it's amazing how broad the denominational spectrum of Christian believers visit the CMD. However, I can see why you posted your concerns as I have witnessed the CMD morph over the years, and not always for the better.

Personally, I seem to recall a time in history where there were a group of extremely educated people that were offended by one man's particular approach to scripture. He obviously had it all wrong, was a blasphemous individual who needed to be nailed to a cross. This man was tortured, spit on, was mocked and unfortunately, murdered. This Motley Crue truly knew their Bible front to back. They had it right 100%. There was zero error. I often wonder how that worked out for them...

I think for all out here (myself included), do we all feel comfortable standing before the Lord one day to stand judgement for the words we've spoken? Unfortunately, we will not only be judged just on the message we delivered, but in the manner and tone in which we delivered it. (Matthew 7:2) The Lord is the only one who truly knows our hearts and, ultimately, the only one who should pass any judgement.

So alas, where do we all go from here Mike? I understand the intent and that is to share in detecting finds, request prayers for our loved ones and show others that we have a heart of Yeshua. However, with the many denominations, sects, (and not to mention, political beliefs) out here it is very apparent many will always feel the need to passionately (and cruelly) correct the flock. (Right, wrong or indifferent)

Mike, perhaps there could be a sub-forum of the CMD? A place where people could go and express their ideas and passion for the Lord outside of the 3 basic rules of the forum? (I know this suggestion may seem odd since the CMD was originally set up for this purpose to begin with. Just trying to find a solve on the issue) This could afford us back the CMD for it's original purpose and hopefully get old friends posting again and invite new members to join. Just a thought :)

Godspeed Mike and thank you for your years of commitment. My hats off to you sir!

Greg

Who do I need to sound like for you to say im speaking in love? joel osteen who? Im being persecuted by my brothers who im trying to help for posting bibles verses even to the point of them doubting my salvation. . You think Paul didnt love his people looked how he spoke to them in places. You all claim love and not judging and judging and hate is all I have recieved for quoting the bible I mean really come on? Have you loved me? Have you not condemed me for quoting bible verses that disagree with what some of you believe? Looks like some major hypocrisy going on to me. WHERES THE LOVE YOU CLAIM TO BE WALKING IN?
Just because I dont speak in a candy coated way and speak the truth which most dont wont to hear because it doesnt tickle their ears or it disagrees with their beliefs you condemn me .Whether or not you know this your not againest me but Gods word is what your fighting againest. I didnt write those texts that im posting that some cant stand to read the Holy Spirit did!
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Heb 4:13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
The word of God cuts and when your in direct violation it it really stings.
IM NOT preaching im showing scriptures to my brothers and sisters to talk about some of the errors we are being led in today and if they have concerns they have a bible and could say hey brother your in error and this text says different and you need to look at it. WHAT does it look like to let God flow through you in your opinion? In the bible when God flowed thourgh men the scripture normally came out of their mouth.
This is a couple of examples of God flowing through men.
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you?
1Co 3:1 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready,
Gal 2:13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, "If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?"

Paul didnt speak in a lovey dovey way all the time either. He even rebuked Peter to his face .WAS he not saved?
You dont me, you dont know how I live ,you dont know how I help the poor , how my lifes changed since Christ came into it.
I know Paul also commended the flock too in places to and told them how good they were doing too its not all bad all the time but there is a time to talk about tough issues.

....MAN....DID I HIT A NERVE....LOL.....You are No St. Peter and you are No St. Paul....and why did you have to mention Joel Osteen?? What does he have to do with these posts?? Anyway I will sidestep that remark for now!! Evidently you think that you are a Prophet?? Or a teacher?? I showed you LOVE....I said that we could agree to disagree and instead of saying OK....you just posted more scripture!!.....You have made up your mind and evidently believe that your believes are better than any others beliefs....( I know that you will say that these are not your beliefs but came from St. Paul....you are just good at twisting scripture and taking things out of context to suit your own beliefs!! ) You need to look deep into your soul and see what your real goals are....God loves you...repent and you will love Jesus like I do!!

Which scripture did I take out of context and twist? The ones I posted about women teachers and preachers being over men, if I took them out of context and twisted them what do they mean? Everybody always like to regurgitate what they have heard (tradition) and have no clue what the context is ! Anytime Ive ever challenged someones beliefs this is the standard response Ive got from them and no scripture to back up what their saying or they will say your a legalist . Heres my answer to the legalist part if im a legalist then the writers of the NEW TESTAMENT were too because they wrote it and I just quoted it. Of course your one of those ones that like to use the context defense and have no clue what the context is because if you did and I was wrong you would have let me have it! AS for Joel olstein who want even say the word sin and only preaches a motivational message that stays away from doctrine and offending anybody .HE want even have a cross in his church for fear of offending someone and he hangs out with the crooks from TBN. Im sorry I now understand you a little more now .Joel Ostein is a joke at preaching sound doctrine but HES A GREAT MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER ! HES MOT FOLLOWING THE CHARGE FOR A PREACHER OUT HIS ON MOUTH HE SAYS HE WONT PREACH CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE.

Tit 1:7 For an overseer, as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain,
Tit 1:8 but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined.
Tit 1:9 He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.
Tit 1:10 For there are many who are insubordinate, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision party.

Tit 2:1 But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine.
Tit 2:2 Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness.
Tit 2:3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good,
Tit 2:4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,
Tit 2:5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

1Ti 6:3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness,
1Ti 6:4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions,
1Ti 6:5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.
1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain,
1Ti 6:7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.
1Ti 6:8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
1Ti 6:9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.
1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
1Ti 6:11 But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.
1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1Ti 6:13 I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession,
1Ti 6:14 to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Ti 6:15 which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
1Ti 6:16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.
1Ti 6:17 As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.
1Ti 6:18 They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share,
1Ti 6:19 thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.
I GUESS I PLUCKED THESE OUT OF CONTEXT TOO! HE SURELY WONT REBUKE NOBODY!

Very good message Mike. I do hope my posting Bible lessons for people to read and study, if they choose to do so, isn't a problem.

....I can reply in scripture but it is no use arguing with you....all we will do is throw scripture BACK AND FORTH at each other....GOD LOVES YOU AND I PRAY FOR YOUR SOUL...I guess that you want me to quote scripture for this too.....LOL.....I do not follow Joel Osteen but did follow his dad John Osteen....he was a true follower of Jesus....YOU LIKE TO THROW ROCKS BUT EVIDENTLY YOU DO NOT LIKE TO HAVE THE SAME ROCKS THROWN BACK AT YOU.....DO NOT THROW ROCKS IF YOU LIVE IN A GLASS HOUSE.....and other one we like to say in the South.....IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN......Again all I see out of you is anger and legalism....you need to get your heart right with JESUS.....Jesus loves you like all of us on this forum....GOD BLESS!!

I love you too! Scripture is my guide and its the authority in my life and if someone shows me im wrong from scripture I will SUBMIT to it. As far as legalism goes im just quoting the bible which most hold to be the word of God and im quoting the writers on the new testament who were chosen to bring forth Gods truth about the christian faith . So if you say im a legalist then the writers of the new testament have to be legalist because im quoting them directly from the text. Do you hold that the bible is the absolute authority on spiritual matters?

Sorry folks, as this all started when Bill posted a video on Perry Stone and I thanked him for doing so, because I like to listen to Perry Stone on TV but his TV sermons are short and the Videos on U-Tube are longer! It seems this started the whole thing and I got slam-blasted for even listening to Perry Stone or even talking about him! I think I know enough of the Bible, to know what he says is right or wrong about the prophecies which to me are interesting and he has studied far more than I have and knows a lot more about the scriptures and prophecies than I do, I listen to learn and if he is wrong, God will let me know and tune me into someone else that is more reliable but right now He hasn't! I used to watch Stu Ervin (I think that is his name, but haven't watched or listened to him for a few months...and names are hard for me to remember! Anyway he taught on the prophecies and what the different animal symbols meant and it was interesting! Did I learn enough to remember? No, I just listened when I did and went on to other preachers and teachers!

If I listen to Joyce Meyers (which I do not....but have) will that send me to Hell just because she is a woman, who is teaching the comforting words of Jesus Christ to those who want to hear and be happy instead of sorrowful and/or suicidal? Just because there are those who send money into these TV Ministries or Mega Churches it is their own willingness to do so, and if they are sending it to help the flesh and wants of the preachers and etc., they need to study the Bible more and learn of their own will who to donate to and who not to....I am sure most are believing God will help them in what they need, for they give out of their own hearts, but if not than they need to find out more to whom they are donating to and give it to a better church that is helping the people and the neighborhood more than the church they are sending it to! God rewards those who give freely and if it goes for the wrong thing, than the other person or church is responsible for not obeying God!

I used to have a bitterroot towards my former husband and even my children for they went over to his side during the divorce because of his lies and manipulations! I was told I had a bitterroot, so I prayed about it and they prayed in the church for me, also, and God delivered that bitterroot from me! I say this, because CD I believe you have a bitterroot towards women and Mega Churches, TV Ministries and the like! I don't know why but it is sure revealed by your postings I hope you will pray and search your heart concerning this and be delivered for bitterness isn't good and not only spoils our relationship with our Savior and Lord, Jesus, but it also will kill us physically! I don't say this to hurt nor demean you, but to better your relationship with Jesus and others!

I only wish you well and May the Love of our Lord Jesus be with you and strengthen you with His almighty power, glory and all-forgiving love! Amen! I will quit now and post my poems and finds of the past! :angel: Ma

I will tell you the truth I have no bitter root toward women im not a male shovenist pig either .If you were around me and asked women who knew me you would here how I am ,kind ,loving and giving, Just because I quote scripture about women not being over men doesnt make me bad for one I DID NOT WRITE those text. Gods called ones did. Whether you believe I plucked them out of context or not it doesnt matter the texts are there and I just quoted them and no one not one gave scriptures pertaing to women having authority over men in the organized church or a place where a text says a women can have position of authority in the church over men. A quick read of 1TIM, 2 TIM, TITUS will put this issue to rest for those interested in it. The text are very very plain on this issue and its only because the church has tried to correct the injustice done to women over the centurys that it went to far in that correction and went beyond Gods word. We are all one in Christ and we all have our roles in the church women included and theirs just cant be a position of authority or teaching over a man. I know most churchs have women sunday school teachers and they could teach the women and kids they cant according to the text below teach men. WOULD YOU SAY THAT THE PERSON WHO PENNED THESE TEXTS HAD A BITTER ROOT TOWARD WOMEN? IF I HAVE A BITTER ROOT TOWARD WOMEN THEN THE BIBLICAL WRITER MUST HAVE A BITTEROOT TOO BECAUSE I JUST QUOTED HIM!

1Ti 2:8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;
1Ti 2:9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,
1Ti 2:10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.
1Ti 2:11 Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness.
1Ti 2:12 I do not permit a woman to TEACH or to exercise AUTHORITY over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve;
1Ti 2:14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.
1Ti 2:15 Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

A timeless truth ! Look at the instructions given for the offices in the church in these letters their all for men ,and if you can show one text that a points a woman over a man in authoritive position in the church I will never post again on the christian forum and if someone wants to use that arguement about context what is the context of the pastoral letters 1TIM, 2TIM,AND TITUS.
As for atacking you personally thats not what happened I started pointing out flaws about the modern day pretrib rapture teaching and I also asked a question that nobody would answer because it would show the teaching to be supect. I will ask in again where did the modern day pre trib rapture teaching start? You can google it and in 5 minutes have the answer.
If Perry Stone is teaching this and its flawed what else is he teaching thats flawed? I use to listen to Stone when I first got saved then I started learning and started seeing his fruit and that was that it didnt take me to long to figure out the TBN game . I do not hate the mega church,t,v preacher or Stone personally but I do hate their works . Its ok to hate someones evil works look at what Jesus said about it in Rev 2:6 Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
To say people can give to a bunch of crooks and God will reward them because they gave out of a good heart well thats a flawed statement too according to the text God doesnt reward people for supporting false teachers notice this text
2Jn 1:8 Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting,
2Jn 1:11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
There was a loss for these christians who did that not a reward!
I know that alot of you love the lord have no doubt about it but I do too and before you write somebody off as an idiot you might want to pray about what their saying and at least go and CHECK out what their saying from the text. I know most want change but if one just gets away from these guys well that would be a victory !

As far as I know, there isn't anyone on here that has a church and is allowing women to preach and take over it, so I don't know your concern over us on this forum! There are many other scriptures that Paul writes about for women to follow like being silent in church, wearing long hair...which is their glory for God and to dress modestly in all things with no wearing of braids and that which would attract men! So, in this case, many are going to Hell for they aren't following the Scriptures as Paul tells them to do! Maybe you can establish a church and teach all these things yourself and tell them they are sinning in doing so....but please teach the salvation of Jesus and His dying for all, as Adam the 2nd man for it was the first man Adam that caused sin's death to enter the world, while Jesus died for all sinners that we might be saved and have eternal life with Him! 1st Corinthians Chapter 11

Revelation Chapter 21 Verse 8...these are the sins that will cast all ppl into the Lake of Fire! If we err in the scriptures and still are saved than we will lose some awards when we get to heaven and receive our crowns on our crowning day! I do know who I am in Christ Jesus and in Whom I serve and God knows who I am in Him and He is my judge and jury and I will have to answer to Him and not mere man, who errs in their flesh for they aren't perfect, only Jesus is! :angel: Ma

God judges who goes to hell not me and ive never said that on this forum about my brothers and sisters. All I was doing is pointing out the truth of the text and how its ignored today, my wife dresses in a conservative way and believes very much in modesty so some do practise it. Error has crept in and if its not stopped its only gonna get worse. Did you know that the episcopal church is ordaining gay preachers and I believe thats in the list that you quoted in rev 21:8 sexually imoral ,and being gay fits into that. There is another list too that names some more stuff that people will not inherit the kingdom of God for practicing.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
Gal 5:21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and THINGS like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So when you compromise and let error come in you run the risk of a doctrine contray to the gospel being developed. I could do a post on this forum and ask do you have to obey the Lord to be in his kingdom? Do you know that alot would scream thats legalism or thats a works salvation teaching and they would say that all you have to do is believe in your mind and it doesnt matter if fruit appears in your life or not your on your way to glory. Even though the texts say this Heb 5:7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.
Heb 5:8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who OBEY him,

Rev 22:12 "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done.
Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."
Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
Rev 22:15 Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
Rev 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
I could gone on but you already know this their are damnable heresys out there damnable and thats the ones that need our attention. The problem is they are linked to other compromises and its just one big chain of compromise that just keeps getting links added to it.

Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

ONE of the main problems today is the theologians have reduced the faith to a set of creeds or statements of faith , does the reader realize that when you stood up in the first century and said Jesus is Lord you ran the risk of being killed it was a whole different level of commitment back then! We got people in our faith that say the ones who try to follow the Lord are legalist. I would make a very bold statement to them and say you have believed in another Jesus and not the one of the bible because the one the bible requires his people to listen to him and follow him. It is possible to believe in a non biblical Jesus?

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
ITS also possible to receive another spirit too!
Eph 4:19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity.
Eph 4:20 But that is not the way you learned Christ!—
Eph 4:21 assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus,
Eph 4:22 to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires,
Eph 4:23 and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds,
Eph 4:24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.
There are some serious issues going on that are gonna send people to hell notice what did it TEACHINGS!

“caring or love” can easily be pretense (of which I am not in any way accusing any here of being or doing) - words (reasoning’s) stand or fall on the weight of their merit & avail themselves to scrutiny of the most vigorous examination.
judging motives involves discernment - which is a rare thing to see.
a valid question is this - are posters seeking to edify all or to simply validate their agenda?
There has been much written over the past 25 years about “tough love” in situational dealings with people. Is it justified to apply “tough love” to what somebody posts about being scriptural truth?
How dangerous are unbiblical teachings - Galatians 5:7-12 You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion did not come from Him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough. I have confidence in you in the Lord that you will adopt no other view; but the one who is disturbing you will bear his judgment, whoever he is. But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished. I wish that those who are troubling you would even mutilate themselves.
Paul was not very gracious to ANYTHING that would minimize truth.
Let me harken back to something said in a previous post - gal 3:28 is used by many to excuse their NOT adhering to clear biblical teachings. To use this single verse to contend that women are to be pastors over a congregation is one of the most feeble-minded “expositions” there is. It is nothing less than insidious to take a single verse out of context - to attempt to use the bible to teach something it does not. Gal 3 is replete with the theology of what salvation is - it has NOTHING to do with church order!
How does it help to be offended by someone questioning what you hold to be true? Are dubious teachings to be “excused” or rigorously critiqued? how can we build each other up in THE FAITH unless we be biblically correct?
There is a major reality that has not been spoken of - that of our being “children of our times.” we have all formed our presuppositions & consequent suppositions unto reasoning’s according to the era’s we have lived through. Much of what is permissible today was an abomination 100 years ago. We have been “culturally indoctrinated.” this is why we are exhorted in Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinks within himself, so he is.
2 Corinthians 10:5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ
calabash digger, as I see it, has received an undue measure of unfavorable press. Why is this - what has he done - put forth scripture to be supporting of his beliefs! prove him wrong - SCRIPTURALLY. Does this mean that I agree with all of what he has posted? No - I take issue with some things.
I find the following statements by a poster quite untoward & anything but the “loving” that we have been encouraged to on THIS FORUM
“to preach here in disharmony is disrupting”
“Do not come here to attack people”
“Sorry all I see is a bunch of legalism...are you truly Born-Again?? Repent and God will use you in a mighty way!!”
“you are just good at twisting scripture and taking things out of context to suit your own beliefs!!”
“You need to look deep into your soul and see what your real goals are....God loves you...repent and you will love Jesus like I do!!”
“Again all I see out of you is anger and legalism....you need to get your heart right with JESUS”
I find these posts to be - in a word - disgusting. Here is someone ascribing misuse of scripture & personal motives to another poster - also severely questioning their relationship with christ. And, of the most importance - where is this posters scripture contending against what calabash digger has presented for open debate?

....I said what I believe to be the truth....right or wrong that is my belief in Christ....I believe that you and I can agree to disagree.....We need to pray under the influence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit so He will guide us in what is the TRUE WAY....GOD BLESS!!!

........IRONY.....WHEN TOUGH LOVE IS REVERSED....IT IS CALLED DISGUSTING!!.....All I say is that if you live in a glass house do not throw any stones!! These stones may get thrown back at you!! GOD IS GOOD!!!

People got their dander up and then the fur flies! :starwars: Things were said not in love indeed! I think that in the grand scheme of things, Why do we need to post things here that we know will start the fur a flying? You mentioned open debate. Why here? Probably a month or so this forum was a fun place to be, now it is not as pleasant. No matter how many scriptures are posted from whatever version of the Bible everyone knows here that each will read it differently and interpret it differently. Why must we try so hard to convince others that our interpretation is the right one? How come when we post detecting finds there is no debate? How come when we post a prayer request there is no debate? If a spiritual, scripture debate is what people are looking for, why not seek out a forum where folks like that sort of thing? I'll keep praying that this forum gets back to the fun it was not so long ago. Now let's go digging! :detecting:

Okay, Mike, I hear you, me son! Ma will get off her religious horse and get back on her rocking horse of poetry for peace, quiet and calmness! Love you....but can only post past finds photos...wish I could go :detecting: and find some nice new goodies to post pics of....but just cannot be! Love ya and everyone! Ma