Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is Satan having fun here or what?

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
This forum used to be the #2 most used forum on find mall. It was a family like forum with many good people here. Many a good person has left because they felt singled out as they expressed their feeling only to have others chew them out while doing their best to show them they were wrong and the other was right. That is actually a violation of the rules as stated at the top of the forum. Is it that important that we need to go to a Christian forum and try to point out to fellow Christians that we are right and they are wrong? I do believe that Satan is having a field day. He wants devision here, he want's people to leave and the forum to fail altogether. This forum was designed to share metal detecting, prayer requests, family stuff, and our Christian beliefs. (not who's right or wrong) Seems to me that these things should be shared with non believers instead of preaching to the choir. How often does one go to church and argue with the congregation about who's right and wrong? I know members who are not posting now because of the friction they see here. Not to mention those that just stop by to read the posts, get to see bad witnessing in action. It will be my prayer that this will stop and the God will get the glory not Satan!

Just reread the words that said a person would be able to express their beliefs without fear of being singled out as a problem. I know ive posted some views that do not go along mainstream

If we express our beliefs in Love. I think at the moment the posts get argumentative and we start digging through scriptures to try to prove why we are right and the others are wrong. That is when Satan get's his foot in the door. There are many lurkers here and they need to see unity and love from Christians. The last thing we should want is someone on the outside looking in is to say ( WOW I don't want to be a Christian if they act like that ) Myself and one other person have been on this forum over 15 years. My profile says 11 years but that is because I re did it and it started over. In that time we have seen several individuals hurting come here and say…. I am not a Christian but I read your posts. Then they shared their hurts and asked for prayers. If we have an issue that we want to express to an individual we should use the Private message not the open forum.

If its a violation I will stop I thought you could express your beliefs here and talk about them Ive tried to use the biblical text to help people and ive not called anybody any names or used profanity..According to everyone else im the one who needs the help. I dont hold to alot of mainstream christian teachings Pre trib rapture,osas, women teachers preachers over men etc. and I can tell you why. Ive spent thousands upon thousand of hours studying the text and researching biblical doctrines modern and old to see if what I believe is correct. Ive studied church history to see how it was done in the beginning, I even spent 2 years of my life learning koine greek so I could read and understand his word better. There is a church on every corner and they all believe and teach something different and they cant all be right .My brother satan has already done his job the division is already present methodist,baptist,pentecostal ,prebyterian and catholic looks like hes been real busy. do some of those differences matter ? NO but there are some that are pure spiritual poision everybody wants to sing accept anything and if you dont your doing the work of satan. I love the Lord and I will defend the truth till the end and if I cant talk about my beliefs on here then I will post finds I know what I believe because ive studied it for myself. Everyone claims they are being led by the Holy Spirit and they are saying things that contradict each other and it violates Gods word that just cant be so. Ive found that alot of people who have beliefs didnt study and find out if they were true or not they just swallowed them and proclaimed them as truth. There are some doctrines TEACHINGS THAT WILL DESTROY.
2Pe 2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.
2Pe 2:3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
1Ti 4:2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,

A prophesy that is being fufilled in our day! What are those teachings you ever thought about it?

The only thing I see as being posted about this site is “This forum is for posting your comments about metal detecting and to provide a place where you will be able to greet your friends and express your religious beliefs without fear of being singled out as a problem to your peers.”
Why did God deem it of absolute necessity that we have the Bible? What is it that is meant to correct us & guide us on the path to prosperity & profitableness? Are we all called to ably defend what we believe to be truth? How can we judge correctly unless we know of how we are to judge & what our standard is to be? Is it of utmost importance to allow others to critique what we propose - does scripture approve of this? What is the criterion for growth - is it obedience to scripture & choosing to yield to the Spirit or that which is purported to be love?
I absolutely despise much about modern education. It is for the most part willy-nilly, wishy-washy, sanitized & innocuous. The abomination of political correctness seeks to have us be mindless conformists to what the elite deems us worthy to be. Unless there be vigorous contention - how can we expand our understandings and/or refine our beliefs? NOWHERE does scripture approve of “dumbbell” christians. Is this site meant to be as a college “safe zone” where dissension is forbidden?
It is dangerous to impugn motives when judging another’s words. I see honest disputations as us taking our faith seriously. Doctrine, sound teaching, truth - this is what we are intellectually called to.
As for non-christians you present only one possibility. You are assuming that non-christians see our contentions in your light - that this allows a door for satan. I would argue to quite a contrary position. If they (non-christians) see that there are disagreements about scripture - can it be that they might see this as there being people who are earnestly concerned about what the truth REALLY is - & that they (non-christians) respect that we will disagree? Truth is vastly more important than feelings. I have little desire to mindlessly regurgitate an amen just to be seen as “loving.” In reality - I see love as being willing to strenuously challenge another position. Scripture teaches that satan has a field day when truth is disregarded.
Here are a very few scriptures to consider.
Psalm 138:2 I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.
Proverbs 18:17 The first to plead his case seems right, Until another comes and examines him.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
Eph 4:11-16 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
1 Corinthians 5:11-13 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside.
2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?
2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
2 Peter 2:1,2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
James 5:19-20 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
Jude 1:3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

What is the goal of proving you are right? If people quit posting or leave the forum who will read it then? Looking back at one particular post there was 600 views, and if you add the views of all the replies it goes over 1000. How many were non Christians? What if just one of them decides to never be a part of a Christian forum again? We need to be good witnesses, Arguing and I'm right your wrong is not the way to do that. What if someone here shares their denomination and one of us does not agree with it. Would it be right to baste them and say that they are wrong? Should we no do everything in love?

just all try to prove our point till there are only a couple of us left then the forum will be bust!!!!! My guess is that it is so easy to do it here because they don't know the people? They have never met them face to face, they don'y know there hearts. I have met most of the people here face to face and consider them family. It hurts when someone comes in and pushes them out and they no longer post. We need to always feel that we can come here and feel welcomed with open arms amongst friends.

Mike from MI \"Iron Brigade\" said:
This forum used to be the #2 most used forum on find mall. It was a family like forum with many good people here. Many a good person has left because they felt singled out as they expressed their feeling only to have others chew them out while doing their best to show them they were wrong and the other was right. That is actually a violation of the rules as stated at the top of the forum. Is it that important that we need to go to a Christian forum and try to point out to fellow Christians that we are right and they are wrong? I do believe that Satan is having a field day. He wants devision here, he want's people to leave and the forum to fail altogether. This forum was designed to share metal detecting, prayer requests, family stuff, and our Christian beliefs. (not who's right or wrong) Seems to me that these things should be shared with non believers instead of preaching to the choir. How often does one go to church and argue with the congregation about who's right and wrong? I know members who are not posting now because of the friction they see here. Not to mention those that just stop by to read the posts, get to see bad witnessing in action. It will be my prayer that this will stop and the God will get the glory not Satan!

God bless you Mike! Well said!!

Hi Mike and all my family on the CMD Forum, as you know or most of you do, I have posted on and off on this forum ever since I purchased my first Computer, the ME (Millennial Edition)....took a little while but I joined the CMD and we all became friends and you, Mike, even started calling me, Ma and made me Ma of the forum! Many have come and gone and I miss all the ladies who have left and many of the male members! I have strong views on how God's Holy Spirit moves and works in a believers life and on how He works and moves in my life! When I post it is about the whole Bible and what it means and not just a few verses here and there, for by reading the Scriptures and searching them out, they interpret each other, as God's Holy Spirit brings us into the whole truth of His Holy Word, the Bible!

I have posted and will continue posting some of the poems I have written (over 3000 plus) by the inspirational leading of the Holy Spirit and if they are read and liked or not liked or not read at all, that is okay but I will still post them (as long as I am allowed to do so) when I can, but not always able to get this Computer and Internet to work with me.....sure is stubborn many times....and then I've had to quit for awhile until able to get a newer one, or get the viruses out and get back on the forum and FB to post! I still have the Lap Top that you all provided for me, and I certainly did appreciate your kind gift of it to me, although, I had a rough time in learning how to use it without the mouse....sometimes I wanted to quit, but PTL, He helped me to learn and conquer but oh woe was I, I sold my home and moved and then was without it and Internet until last year and even then had trouble getting Internet in my area and finally was able to get Charter Net and been going since! This is probably boring, but just remember, Ma likes to write and loooooonggg messages! LOL!

Over these many years, most have learned who I am in Christ and understand where I am coming from and just put up with me or enjoy me posting but whatever I am still here! Brother Martin and I don't always agree, but we stay friends and I love my brother and he loves me, well I hope so anyway! The problem is that when anyone gets on here for only a short time and haven't read to know, who believes in God's Holy Spirit and How He works in our lives or who doesn't, makes it difficult to just start posting and not knowing most of our backgrounds and Who we are in Christ Jesus, although we may belong to different churches and/or raised in different denominations, brings us back to the beginning when each time it was the same and caused problems and misunderstanding among the bretheren and sisters! I believe in God's Holy Ghost Baptism, Who gives us power and strength to endure and overcome all things and with Him, We are all One in Christ Jesus and whether we are male or female, He calls to those who need Him, to be saved and then calls them into service in whatever capacity He wants them as Soldiers and Servants of His anointing! Some come willingly, others hold off for awhile and others never do or keep on working for satan.....Now I don't say any of us are working for satan but he uses anyone he can to stir up trouble and get us to quit serving God, Who uses us for His glory and praise even me, but I won't quit and the ole, lying devil should know this by now! Amen!

I love you all in Christ Jesus and hope you stay with the CMD Forum, but let us not be so set on saying, we are right and you are wrong or the ministries for the Bible is difficult to learn and understand unless we each are born again in Christ Jesus and have the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, Who leads, guides and directs each one of us into the truth of God by studying, diligently, to show ourselves as a workman of God and approved of Him by His Holy Spirit! By asking, seeking and searching for the truth in who He is, He will prove Himself to us! Have we all arrived to perfection and perfect understanding of Who God is and What His Holy Word says, NO, none of us have, for we see as through a glass darkly and won't be perfect and know all things like God does until we are with Him some glorious and eternal day! I love the Lord and hope others do or will come to know Him, by the moving of His Holy Spirit calling lost souls, Come unto Me and I will save you from all your repentant sins and I will give you peace and rest that you know not of without Me! He loves us and wants us to love Him in HIs own everlasting love for you and me! I love Jesus with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and would be happy in everyone loving Him, too! Most of you, like I said, from posting on or lurking and reading the forum, truly know where I am coming from in Christ Jesus, but I haven't arrived to perfection and won't until I am with Jesus, for I am human and I err.....too much...more so as I age and my mind starts not remembering like I used to do! Love you all! God Bless and Amen! :angel: Ma

Your taking it wrong its not about being right or wrong its about the truth.Whether you believe this or not I dont know but there are teachings today that are leading people to hell. Alot modern day teachers have got the gospel down to a formula do a altar call and say a prayer and thats it done . Has anyone ever studied Peters first sermon in acts 2 where they ask brother what must we do to be saved? Some of us were called to defend the faith and bring to light the false teachings of today. I hope a non believer sees this and knows that there are different views in our faith and there not all correct. What really gets me is most christians I have ever met have no clue whats in the bible . I have christians all around me who have been in a church all their life and know nothing about what the text says and they are slaves to the flesh. Their world view is based more on the world than it is on Gods word. This type of christianity is the most dangerous because they just take in whatevers given to them posion and all. Did you know the bible says there are damnable heresys? The world says anything goes and alot have took that mentality in the church . I see it going on this forum in this thread. The LORD has given us his word to guide us and if you dont know it you my wind up in a ditch. People who know the text know that we are to defend the faith and protect the sheep from the wolves what you guys seem to being saying is there is no such thing as wolves.Or if there is dont warn anybody about them what will people think? The wolves have got people thinking that if you say anything againest them your touching the Lords annointed man what a joke and there are brothers who wouldnt dare say a word againest them . What a deception! Have any of you ever read Pauls letters? what did he do with false teachers? Did he say dont talk about these things or did he say read his letters to the whole congregation so they would know whats going on?

Heb 5:11 About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
Heb 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,
Heb 5:13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child.
Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

I KNOW HOW TO TELL GOOD FROM EVIL !
Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
Isa 5:21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight!

I am at a loss as to where we are enjoined to NOT be able to defend that which we hold to be biblical? If you can elucidate those such scriptural teachings it would be of great value to me.
As for “What is the goal of proving you are right?” this is a valid question that warrants an answer. First, my goal is NOT to prove me right but to bring scripture forth that applies to a particular topic. My goal is to share what I have found to be sound & avail it to the analysis of any. My motive is NOT to exalt myself as this would be compounded folly.
1 Cor 3:5-15 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe - as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building. By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved - even though only as one escaping through the flames.
A question that begs answering is this - is it better to be right (scripturally accurate) or to be wrong (of questionable veracity) & be “loving”? As I see it - the more we are afraid to question - the easier it is for us to be led into error & greater loss & satan’s gain. Is it permissible & wise to stress another’s comprehension to expand their understanding?
I do not see that being a group of back-slapping, feeling-thumpers as being that which promotes real growth unto a measure of maturity. Actually, I see this as being indicative of a groupie type of narrow-mindedness. Sola-tolerance is hardly sola scriptura.
Christianity is, of the essence of itself, a living faith. Any attempts to sterilize it denies its very nature. Reality is that life is quite often harsh & messy. Feeble-mindedness will be of little use when the times are harsh, hard & demanding.
I am not offended by questioning’s but rather by & at those who would seek for love & peace at the expense of truth. Such capitulation is simple cowardice. I do not see diapers over one’s acumen as being in any way endearing.
1 Cor 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Thess 5 also contains some instructions to ponder over.
Yes, it is most often wrong to attack a person personally. To contend against positions, beliefs, preferences - there is nothing inherently wrong with doing this. But, yes, care should be taken to not do so such as to not diminish those whose position you are arguing against. Disagreement allows for clarity.
I find it disconcerting when people assuage a poster’s position & their use of scripture without pointing out where their biblical reasoning’s are faulty. Such is pathetic. To hold a position or belief without being able to stringently defend it is infantile.
In metal detecting we glean from others tips, tricks, settings, experience, modifications, etc. Why should not the same be even more true of our spiritual apprehensions which are of infinitely more importance?

Mike from MI \"Iron Brigade\" said:
If we express our beliefs in Love. I think at the moment the posts get argumentative and we start digging through scriptures to try to prove why we are right and the others are wrong. That is when Satan get's his foot in the door. There are many lurkers here and they need to see unity and love from Christians. The last thing we should want is someone on the outside looking in is to say ( WOW I don't want to be a Christian if they act like that ) Myself and one other person have been on this forum over 15 years. My profile says 11 years but that is because I re did it and it started over. In that time we have seen several individuals hurting come here and say…. I am not a Christian but I read your posts. Then they shared their hurts and asked for prayers. If we have an issue that we want to express to an individual we should use the Private message not the open forum.

Brings to mind the old song..."and they will know we are Christian by our Live"

My post was not pointed at any one individual. It is certainly hard to understand how a few can come into a forum like this and almost never post about detecting, prayer requests, family etc…. It would appear to many that a few are combative and certainly trying to get a point across. You said learning from others. I agree with that but it kinda looks like a few have decided to be teachers only because they have all the answers and don't plan to learn anything from anyone. Pretty sure this has gone far enough. I was only trying to restore harmony to the forum and end the discord.

There are wolves everywhere. The Devil is waiting around every corner seeking to devour all that he can. I believe that most here agree with that. I agree with much of what you say and see so many in the church today who never pick up their Bible, who believe many things that are false, etc… But what is the goal of preaching it here? If everyone agrees will it all be good then? Most of us at this point in life find it hard to change our beliefs. If one of us stands firm in our beliefs and assures others through scriptures that we are positive we have interpreted everything exactly as God had intended it, have we done our job? If twenty people leave here because the forum is no longer a fun place to visit have we done our job? I didn't start this post to get people up in arms, just the opposite. There are probably dozens of forums out there to arguer scripture and the truths as we see them. There are even street corners with millions of people that need to hear the truth as well. Praying for unity!

In my last post I meant to spell "Love", but how we "live" also works!

....If you really want to preach to the masses...then you need to preach at the street corners...go to the malls....even get on TV if you can do that! This is a very small forum and to preach here in disharmony is disrupting.....we have many people here of different denominations and many different biblical beliefs..... we need to pray for the sick...pray for unity....pray for our nation which is under attack....pray for all people who have authority over us to use that power in a Godly way!! Pray for people to repent and to live for God!! Do not come here to attack people who do not believe like you do!! Like I have said before GOD IS GOOD.....we just need to let Him flow in our lives!! I have said my piece...if anything that I have said is wrong....please feel free to delete!! Thanks Love in Christ!! Joe